Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 64bit: How to request OPC Variable Value Change

Hi,

I've been using the Labview DSC (Labview 2018 32 bit) and its pre-made example to monitor changes of my SharedVariable and run associated logic through an Event Structure.

However I need to recreate the same concept on Labview 64 bit but the DSC isn't available in 64 bit ...

I would like to retain my Event Structure and the logic within. I've little experience with notifier and I'm not sure if there is an easy way to recreate the library in LV 64 bit

Thank you for your suggestions an help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,018 Views)

Hey there,

How come you need to run LabVIEW 64 Bit? It has limitations in module support of the LabVIEW add-ons. You can always run LabVIEW 32 Bit on Windows 64 Bit.

Is this OPC or OPC UA? OPC UA supports LabVIEW 64 Bit as of 2018.

LabVIEW 64 Bit however does not support OPC, see note in LabVIEW 2018 help: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361R-01/lvcomm/datasocket_vi_reference/ (couldn't find a 2019 reference via google).

I'd either roll back to 32 Bit or see if whatever you are attempting to communicate to has a 64 Bit LabVIEW compatible protocol you could utilise.

Thanks,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,952 Views)

I need Labview 64bits because I need to use the python integration library (that comes with Labview 2018) and my python code uses TensorFlow 2 which is available only in 64 bits. From my experiments, I can't use Labview 32 bits with a Python code made for 64 bits.

I'm using the Shared Variables which is OPC DA  but can't find a way to create a "change notification" feature (across the whole list of Shared Variables) that would trigger an event.

It is too bad something as simple notifier on OPC variables isn't supported by Labview 64bits. I don't want to drop TensorFlow for something not performing as good on the python side

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,936 Views)

Have you found a solution? I also encountered the same problem. I wanted to communicate with PLC in LabVIEW 64-bit, but DSC does not have 64-bit. . .

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,085 Views)