Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW ECAT Master communication problem with a third-party ECAT Master through ECAT bridge EL6692

Hello Everyone,

I have a problem with the newest NI Industrial Communication for EtherCAT 14.0 module when working with Beckhoff EK1100 and EL6992. 

I would like to use cRIO-9067 as EtherCAT Master and communicate with a different third-party EtherCAT Master through EtherCAT bridge - Beckhoff EL6992. LabVIEW part is connected to the primary side of the bridge using EK1100. The third-party master is connected to the secondary side of the bridge.

Both masters can detect the connected slave (EL6992) and see the available inputs and outputs.

On a LabVIEW side:

1.png

The third-party ECAT master has a special software which allows configuring the connected slave (EL6992, secondary side) to transmit 256 bytes and to receive 256 bytes.

On the LabVIEW side, I use the “Raw Mode” to read and to write data to the bridge (EL6992, primary side).

Here is the problem description. I was able to communicate with this third-party ECAT master using NI-9068. When I had switched to NI-9067 and upgraded the software/drivers to the latest version, the communication stopped working.

The problem, I think, lies somewhere here:

2.png

In the past, when running this code on NI-9068, the code was returning the right values: 258 and 258 (I have no clue why it is equal to 256 + 2. I just ignored these two bytes).

Now, the code runs on NI-9067 and returns 2 and 2 bytes.

Unfortunately, I don’t have an access to NI-9068 anymore and can’t reproduce this situation.   

I would really appreciate any help or advice.

Nikita Prorekhin
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,047 Views)

Hi Nikita,

Please contact National Instruments about this issue.  Contact your local applications engineer so we can take a look at this further, as they can devote resources towards this issue.  We may be able to provide a loaner 9068 device so that you may reproduce the issue.  Providing wiresharks of both devices (9068 and 9067) will help us determine the issue at hand. 

Thanks!

Matt S.
Industrial Communications Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,988 Views)