Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If possbile speed up profinet cycle to 1ms - CRIO-PN Module

Hello,

I have bought the CRIO-PN Module for a while, and now wants make the CRIO-PN module perform as good as possible. I want make the profinet cycle to 1ms if possible, if better, can speed up to 250us, which is the minimum cycle time Profinet Protocol can support, But during my programming, I have found that the minimum cycle time CRIO-PN can reach is 2.8ms for 254 Bytes communication.

I have made a little test as showed in the attached pictures, the whole process is like following:        

Set Input Data(254 Bytes) - Read/Write IO Data(254 Bytes) - Get Output Data (254 Bytes)

As you can see, the normal interval time for this process is 2072us, and the interval time is not stablized, fluctuate a lot, some time can reach 5030us.

I have also done some little tests to check each indivile process(Set Input Data, Read/Write IO Data, Get Output Data)

from my little tests, the result is like following: The Set Input Data process and Get Output Data process doesn't consume so much time, but the Read/Write IO data process is the most time-consuming one, and if there are more bytes transfer, the interval time is more time consuming, for example : 254Bytes transfer > 128 Bytes transfer .

Can you give any advice to improve the performance of Profinet Cycle? I want speed up profinet cycle to reach 1ms. If not, can anybody tell me the possible reason behind?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,988 Views)