From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If possbile speed up profinet cycle to 1ms - CRIO-PN Module

Hello,

I have bought the CRIO-PN Module for a while, and now wants make the CRIO-PN module perform as good as possible. I want make the profinet cycle to 1ms if possible, if better, can speed up to 250us, which is the minimum cycle time Profinet Protocol can support, But during my programming, I have found that the minimum cycle time CRIO-PN can reach is 2.8ms for 254 Bytes communication.

I have made a little test as showed in the attached pictures, the whole process is like following:        

Set Input Data(254 Bytes) - Read/Write IO Data(254 Bytes) - Get Output Data (254 Bytes)

As you can see, the normal interval time for this process is 2072us, and the interval time is not stablized, fluctuate a lot, some time can reach 5030us.

I have also done some little tests to check each indivile process(Set Input Data, Read/Write IO Data, Get Output Data)

from my little tests, the result is like following: The Set Input Data process and Get Output Data process doesn't consume so much time, but the Read/Write IO data process is the most time-consuming one, and if there are more bytes transfer, the interval time is more time consuming, for example : 254Bytes transfer > 128 Bytes transfer .

Can you give any advice to improve the performance of Profinet Cycle? I want speed up profinet cycle to reach 1ms. If not, can anybody tell me the possible reason behind?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,000 Views)