Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IEC 61850 MMS Getting Started

Hi,

I am trying to get MMS examples working. I open the "Access BCR.vi" from the example server project, and "Read BCR.vi" from the example client project. If I run both these VIs on the same PC everything works correctly.

If I try and run either of the VIs on a different PC I get error -36194.

The only thing I am configuring is the IP address on the "Read BCR.vi" to match the PC that is the server, is there anything else that needs to be modified?

I have tried all obvious things like turning on and off the windows firewall, and have followed the "solution" in this thread, but cannot get anything.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,760 Views)

Edit to the above message.

I am getting an error the same as in this thread where I cannot do the Initialise.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,738 Views)

Hi,

Firstly, please confirm the ICD/CID files can be found on both PCs before running examples.

Error -36194 means you must use the Send Command (Initiate) VI before sending requests to the server. However, if you use the example without change, the error should not appear. If the error is -36190 which has mentioned in the thread, I suppose you reversed the running order. You should run Access BCR.vi earlier than Read BCR.vi.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,721 Views)

Hi ThreeLions,

The ICD files are hopefully identical as I am running exactly the same version of LabVIEW on both PCs and using one of the shipping examples.

Very strangely, the examples work fine if I swap which PC is the server and client.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,673 Views)

Hi,

It is really strange. I suppose you should check the configuration of the 2 PCs and the network.

1. Firewall

2. Antivirus

3. Is there a switch between the 2 PCs?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,668 Views)

Yes certainly strange.

I tried all the usual settings of firewall on/off without too much change.

There is no antivirus.

The PCs are connected via an ethernet switch, but I can ping and access both PCs from each other without any issues.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,659 Views)

Hi, could you please try to remove the switch and try again? Thx~

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,657 Views)