Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect Solenoid Manifold using DeviceNet

Hello,

I am about to buy a solenoid valve manifold  that has an internal controller (I can send the manual of this module if needed) that will be interfaced through DeviceNet. A couple of question:

1. Will the PCI 8532 do the job to control this manifold.

2. Since I am completely new to this field, can you please refer me to any reading/relevant LabView/NI material that will make it happen.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Tzahi.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,670 Views)

Hi Tzahi, 

The devicenet help is online, you also can download the driver for free and look through the example and help. 

Also, we support the different modes of implicit communication. From the help:

• Poll—Master/slave I/O connection in which the master sends a poll command to a slave, and then receives a poll response from that slave.
  • Strobe—Master/slave I/O connection in which the master sends a single strobe command to all strobed slaves, and then receives a strobe response from each strobed slave.
  • COS—Master/slave I/O connection in which the master or slave writes data when the data is different. When the data does not change, the master or slave writes the data at a fixed interval.
  • Cyclic—Master/slave I/O connection in which the master or slave writes data at a fixed interval. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,627 Views)

Thank you Jesse.

Couple of questions:

1. Everything is connected...we are  trying to figure out what's the command structure to get the valves open, any idea where should we look? We know that it should be a string of 0 and 1s that should basically will tell the controller 1 open and 0 closed. Unfortunatel we don't know what's the syntax to do so.

2.  The V+ and V- marked as pins 3 and 9 respectively. As far as I understand these should be supplied externaly and are not being supported by the card itself (the SMC EX260 controller needs 24V with current less than 2Amps), am I right?. Should we connect the external V- to the 3rd pin of the card so the V_H and V_L will have their reference ground values (which is as far as I know the V- in DeviceNet connection).

Thank you!

Cheers,

Tzahi.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,363 Views)