Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Reset PXI-8532

I'm in the process of upgrading some applications from 2010 to 2013. Since the DNet 1.6 that supports the PXI-8461/d cards is not compatible with 2013, we're replacing them with the new PXI-8532 cards.

Everything looks like it upgraded OK, except the "ncReset.vi" I was using to reset the card on application startup. This now returns an error (-1074388957) stating that The Interface is invalid or unknown. There does not seem to be a "DeviceNet Reset" function. I looked through the Functions of the "nidnetapi.dll" and there is nothing that looks like a Reset function.

Am I out of luck and going to just have to remove the Reset?

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,637 Views)

Hi Ed, 

Our new API doesn't have a reset. Starting the devicenet engine clears the internal buffers. 

However, I did want to make sure that you are aware that we have a new driver out also. The 8532 requires the IndComm for DeviceNet driver here

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,624 Views)

Thansk Jesse,

I am using the 2.3 driver. I guess we'll just run without it and hope for the best.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,621 Views)

When debugging a client's application, the app would often crash before the driver would shut down the card.  Then the only way I could connect to the card again is to restart the system.  I don't know what "Starting the DeviceNet engine clears the internal buffers" means.  How can I recover from this without some hardware reset since there is no longer a reset VI?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,406 Views)

Hello 

We have the same problem with the PXI-8532 board and LabView 2015 (32bit). The driver we use is NI industrial communication for devicenet version 15.0.  We also tried the latest version 17 but the result is the same. The fact that we can't reset the board during the test in production causes a lot of problems we didn't had in the past when we used a devicenet board controlled by Labwindows CVI.

How can we reset the board or clear the buffers ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,763 Views)