From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Interface a sensor using IO-Link

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks for the LV2014. I will look into it and post an update once I make progress.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 28
(5,596 Views)

Hello Urs,

I do not think you are anymore interested in a reply (now !) taking into account you posted nearly 2 years ago. Anyway, you can download Labview,Tools, VI Package Manager … : NI Modbus library ( Version 1.2.1.42)

Thanks to that Modbus library you are able to communicate with the Comtrol master via Modbus. Use VIs like Write Multiple Holding Registers.vi & Read Holding Registers.vi to access the IO-Link data

Greetings

Laurent

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 28
(5,178 Views)

Hi

We prefer to use Ethernet/IP to connect to IO-Link devices.

The company Kirschenhofer has programmed a Ethernet/IP driver that allows your application to function as a IP scanner.

You can download the driver for free HERE . I know they have a add-on for the IO-link master from Turck, but you might have to contact them directly, as it is not yet implemented into the standard library. I have tested it and it works fine.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 28
(4,799 Views)

Hi a.wais

Is it possible to get a copy of this driver You have tested? 

I need some easy access from LabVIEW to an IO-Link device. So, this sound like an option if I buy some Kirscenhofer HW as gateway, right?!

BR Jorgen – DK

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 28
(4,428 Views)

I was also looking for IO-Link and I found this GPower driver. It's not free though ☹️

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 25 of 28
(3,748 Views)

Thanks for reffering to our page Michał. 👍

Yes, we have indeed created a toolkit for connecting IO-Link devices to LabVIEW or TestStand.

The toolkit makes integration to IO-Link devices very easy - Plug and play! The software understands the IODD files that comes with the sensors/devices, so you can pick the parameters to read/write and see their properties like Max or Min values and other properties.

The toolkit works with a lot of different masters. See the list of supported masters on our website.

We have spend a lot of time developing the product, and therefor we can't offer this for free. But you will save a lot of time with integration, and get an easy configurable solution. You are very welcome to try a free 30 day trial version. The demo can be requested through our website.

Check it out: https://gpower.io/en/products/io-link-labview-teststand/

Don't hesitate to contact us if you need to integrate IO-Link with LabVIEW or TestStand.

Message 26 of 28
(3,554 Views)

@MadsGA wrote:

We have spend a lot of time developing the product, and therefor we can't offer this for free.

I like how Rolf explained the problem of sharing code for free. I have mixed feelings but I understand 😉 

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 27 of 28
(3,451 Views)

2024 has entered the chat. Is there a plan (or is it even feasible) for GPower to add IO-Link support for FlexLogger as well? Perhaps via the FlexLogger Plug-In Development Kit?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 28
(793 Views)