Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Interface a sensor using IO-Link

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks for the LV2014. I will look into it and post an update once I make progress.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 28
(5,331 Views)

Hello Urs,

I do not think you are anymore interested in a reply (now !) taking into account you posted nearly 2 years ago. Anyway, you can download Labview,Tools, VI Package Manager … : NI Modbus library ( Version 1.2.1.42)

Thanks to that Modbus library you are able to communicate with the Comtrol master via Modbus. Use VIs like Write Multiple Holding Registers.vi & Read Holding Registers.vi to access the IO-Link data

Greetings

Laurent

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 28
(4,913 Views)

Hi

We prefer to use Ethernet/IP to connect to IO-Link devices.

The company Kirschenhofer has programmed a Ethernet/IP driver that allows your application to function as a IP scanner.

You can download the driver for free HERE . I know they have a add-on for the IO-link master from Turck, but you might have to contact them directly, as it is not yet implemented into the standard library. I have tested it and it works fine.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 28
(4,534 Views)

Hi a.wais

Is it possible to get a copy of this driver You have tested? 

I need some easy access from LabVIEW to an IO-Link device. So, this sound like an option if I buy some Kirscenhofer HW as gateway, right?!

BR Jorgen – DK

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 28
(4,163 Views)

I was also looking for IO-Link and I found this GPower driver. It's not free though ☹️

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 25 of 28
(3,483 Views)

Thanks for reffering to our page Michał. 👍

Yes, we have indeed created a toolkit for connecting IO-Link devices to LabVIEW or TestStand.

The toolkit makes integration to IO-Link devices very easy - Plug and play! The software understands the IODD files that comes with the sensors/devices, so you can pick the parameters to read/write and see their properties like Max or Min values and other properties.

The toolkit works with a lot of different masters. See the list of supported masters on our website.

We have spend a lot of time developing the product, and therefor we can't offer this for free. But you will save a lot of time with integration, and get an easy configurable solution. You are very welcome to try a free 30 day trial version. The demo can be requested through our website.

Check it out: https://gpower.io/en/products/io-link-labview-teststand/

Don't hesitate to contact us if you need to integrate IO-Link with LabVIEW or TestStand.

Message 26 of 28
(3,289 Views)

@MadsGA wrote:

We have spend a lot of time developing the product, and therefor we can't offer this for free.

I like how Rolf explained the problem of sharing code for free. I have mixed feelings but I understand 😉 

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 27 of 28
(3,186 Views)

2024 has entered the chat. Is there a plan (or is it even feasible) for GPower to add IO-Link support for FlexLogger as well? Perhaps via the FlexLogger Plug-In Development Kit?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 28
(528 Views)