From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet/IP on crio-9068 assembly with RSLogix comms

Hi All,

I have a crio-9068 with ethernet/ip comms setup basically following the example for creating an assembly included in labview.

The scenario is the the crio is producing a set of data made up of floats and booleans and it needs to share this data with a DCS and PLC via ethernet/ip.

Because it only needs to produce data for the consumers, I have only implemented a produce.  Code shown below.

So the good news is the following

• I can read the data from the crio using a labview program running from a separate computer using get attribute single reads.  No problem.
  • I can read the data using the Molex Ethernet/IP tool again using Get Attribute Single reads.  No problem.

The problem is my customer is trying to get their RSLogix system to connect to the crio and they are not able to set the configuration such that the data can be read from the crio.  

My questions are 

Thanks in advance.  Really could do with some help on this. 🙂

cheers

Peter

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,274 Views)

Hi,

You mentioned you can use the Get Attribute Single.vi to read data. The Get Attribute Single.vi belongs to Explicit Message. In this case, I think the reason that you cannot access the RSLogix is the tag was not filled out correctly. Please refer to the documentation, Can I Access Any Sub-Element of a Tag Using EtherNet/IP Tag Read or Write VI?.

The discussion you cited used Implicit Message(I/O Meesage). Please note that EIP Toolkit just can be used as Implicit (I/O) Adapter. You can refer to the example VI, Create Assembly Instance.vi.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,209 Views)

Thanks for the response, mate.

I can confirm that the toolkit supports both implicit and explicit messaging consumption of data via RSLogix.  There is a bit of stuffing around to get this to work.

Data that is exposed via the assembly can also be consumed as a tag based array.  Will try and post the configs used when I get details.

cheers

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,199 Views)