From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet/IP implicit messaging is possible in labview PC

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi ,

I am trying to communicate in labview 2011 PC with ultrasonic welder which have etherent/ip, to get real time data in labview PC and want to log the data and show graphs

I had installed the EIP toolkit

The welder have 

* Explicit message for parameter configuration 

I can communicate to welder  through explicit messaging , so i had successfully configured parameters in welder with EthernetIP CIP Get Attribute single.vi ,

* Implicit message for real time data welding data 

Input Assembly Instance: 101 Size: 12 DINTs (48 bytes total)
Output Assembly Instance: 102 Size: 2 DINTs (8 bytes total)
Configuration Assembly Instance: 103 Size: 0 (0 bytes total)

For real time welding data , i need to communicate though implicit message from labview PC.

How to create connectio between  labview and ultrasonic  welder for implicit messaging.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(11,620 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Arvindh

Hi Arvindh,

I'm afraid you cannot create an implicit I/O communication between labview and ultrasonic welder.

This is because National Instrument's driver is not a scanner, but an adapter (slave) and so is the ultrasonic welder. 

This means that we cannot initiate an I/O instance.  This does not mean National Instrument's driver cannot communicate over Implicit Messaging, just that it cannot start that communication.

I know explicit message is not as fast as implicit messaging, but If you are not running up against transfer limits you still can use explicit messaging.

Explicit messaging speed can reach up to 100Hz.

Wendy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(11,612 Views)

thanks wendy,

Is there any problem by   getting & setting  the implicit message assembly instance data through EthernetIP CIP Get Attribute single.vi   and  EthernetIP CIP Set Attribute single.vi?

Its possible to do  anything with UDP protocols vi 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(11,607 Views)

I think there's no problem.

As I/O adapter, we can be the target of an I/O messaging connection where we can both input/output assemblies.

I don't know if I've clarified your concern.

Any problems pls let me know.

But FYI, China will be on vacation starting tommorrow until Oct.8th. So response will be delayed because of the vacation.

Appreciate your understanding.

Wendy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(11,587 Views)

I can read the Input Assembly instance through explicit essaging using  EthernetIP CIP Get Attribute single .vi

but i can't able to set output assembly instance  through explicit essaging using EthernetIP CIP Set Attribute single .vi

the  error says that value is not setable 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(11,581 Views)

the output assembly i tried write is not present

Finally i can able to read and wrtie i/o data through explicit message 

thank you wendy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(11,572 Views)

Hi Arvindh,

I'm working on similar applications, but I cannot figure out the class ID for I/O assembly when I use "get attribute single.vi" . could you please share the vi you created?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(8,814 Views)

Hello, 

I'm trying to comunicate thanks explicit message with the master IO/Link BNI EIP-508-105-Z015 from my laptop. I installed the ethernet/ip driver (http://www.ni.com/download/ni-industrial-communications-for-ethernetip-16.0/6169/en/) for LabVIEW 2016. 

The CIP Get Attribute Single.vi returns me the correct numbers of bytes for every instance, but all of them are zero.

It it possibile? I don't the understand the reason.

The configuration data of the BNI EIP-508-105-Z015:

Input 100; size 392 bytes

Output 101; size 262 bytes

Config 102; size 194 bytes

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(7,423 Views)

Hello fra_sab,

I am sorry that I can not understand what is the meaning that you said: "The CIP Get Attribute Single.vi returns me the correct numbers of bytes for every instance, but all of them are zero." Could you please clarify that? You mean that the error out is 0,right?

Meanwhile, is there any error or warning when you run your code?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(7,400 Views)

Hello, 

I don't have any error or warning when I run the application. When I read the input area (with CIP Get Attribute Single.vi) of the Balluff master, I obtain an array of bytes with the correct size (392 bytes), but all bits are zero. The input area is the area where the Balluff master writes data read from IO/Link bus, It's impossible that area is alla zero.

I presume there is a problem of the device or I don't send a message of start to the device. I don't know what is the solution.

Note:

The configuration data of the BNI EIP-508-105-Z015:

Input 100; size 392 bytes

Output 101; size 262 bytes

Config 102; size 194 bytes

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(7,386 Views)