From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EtherCAT/sbRIO-9651 FPGA Open Issues

Solved!
Go to solution

possibly. I am somewhat leery of third-party modules, as it seems like long term support and availability could be a problem. So there is no way to access the ethernet ports directly in FPGA on the SOM? There is FPGA IP you can use to make a master or a slave.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(2,034 Views)

Hi Mark,

I can confirm you that using EtherCAT IP Core for FPGAs on SOM is a use case that NI doesn't support at the moment. Sounds like you would like to create your own EtherCAT slaves based on NI products?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(2,026 Views)

Hi Yin, yes I wanted to see if it was possible, will have to look at other options. Thank you for confirming.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,991 Views)

Hi,

I am starting to use EtherCAT with NI SOM and I found your comment. Do you have any paperwhite, guide and example useful to start?

Thanks in advance,

Best,

Filippo

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,818 Views)

Hi,

We didn't have any paperwhite, guide and example to use EtherCAT with NI SOM. If you have any questions when you use EtherCAT with NI SOM, please don't hesitate to ping me, and I shall be happy to answer them.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,678 Views)

Hi bnh1971,

do you know the content of the bitfile that you need to load at the start-up by the use of RIO Device Setup?

Is it something that I can find in some LV example routine?

Thanks in advance,

Best,

FDA

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,413 Views)