cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EtherCAT Slave PDOs not getting completely loaded from XML File

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Wendy,

is there is an XML Debugger from NI or an another company to detect such errors.?

The only feedback from the NI import toll is: succeed oder faild to import.

Unfortunately no indication why it did not work.

Regards, Jim

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(3,379 Views)

Hi Jim,

Thank you so much for such second thought of this problem.

Currently there is no such XML Debugger from NI. I agree with you that NI should give more detailed warning instead of just "succeed or fail" to help user locate the problem faster! I will feedback to my team to improve this.

But when it comes to an NI tool to debug the XML. Please understand not all 3rd party eCAT manufactures follow eCAT specifications to the detail. Most of the time they setup their slaves so it works the best with their masters(or TwinCAT) and that’s it. There might be risk that such tool will "falsely" report errors.

BTW as I know ETG has a tool to validate different slaves called Conformance Test Tool. This tool can validate whether the slave ESI and its implementation conform to the EtherCAT spec. I am sure this tool can detect most errors.

BR,

Wendy

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(3,368 Views)

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for all your support. Now this problem is solved.

Yes, this was the exact cause why all the PDO entries were not loaded by LabVIEW from the ESI xml file.

Thanks again,

Rahul

Munich

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(3,329 Views)

Hello Rahul,

I am using a EL6695 to communiicate with my PXI8880 via etherCAT and I am able to load all the channels in LabVIEW project. Communications is fine when I have a single input and a single output. However when I have in the TwinCAT project more than one variable for any of the Inputs or Outputs groups, there is not communication between the 2 devices.Did you have, by chance, ay similar behavior? How did you solve it if that is the case?

Any from NI could help me on setting up the system?

I attached the XML comfiguration file.that works when I have one variable as input and another as output in TwinCAT. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,486 Views)