Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1074388981 occurred at Wait for State.vi

Hi,

I'm in a bit of dilemma. I have a NI PXIe-1078 Chassis, with 8135 embedded controller with multiple cards, one of which is PXI-8532 DeviceNet. 8532 is connected to a CAN breakout box which helps me connected and communicate with several Dnet devices. Everything is running on latest software and firmware. Labview 2016 Professional Edition.

Everything was working fine until I tried to establish my PXI 8532 card as slave. Now I continuously getting this error no matter what I do: "

Error -1074388981 occured at Wait for State.vi

Possible reason(s):

NI-Industrial Communications for DeviceNet: (Hex 0xBFF6200B) CAN bus problems caused all communication to stop.
This error corresponds to CAN Bus Off state. Solutions: Verify that cabling is correct, devices are connected and operational, and proper bus power is applied."

I tried to turn on/off my PXI Chassis, on/off my DeviceNet Device, on/off CAN Breakout box. I'm running on a VI that was working fine before but keeps getting this error. From my research on this forum, it seems that I need to software reset CAN from this old thread https://forums.ni.com/t5/Automotive-and-Embedded-Networks/Devicenet-Reset/td-p/638517 However, I have not been able to located the nican mentioned in this thread.

Please help. 😞

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,506 Views)

Hi, 

What is the DeviceNet software version?

Are you sure that the DeviceNet bus does not have any voltage or current drop in the CAN breakout box?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,468 Views)