Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data entry multiple inputs multiple outputs in no order

Hi guys i need to make a calling system on rs500 for 5 machines these machines can call for product at any time multiple times during they day/night. example machine 1 calls for product then machine 2 then machine 5 it needs to go in order of machine calling 1,2,5 but if its filling machine 2 and machine 3 starts calling it must go to machine 5 then back to machine 3. If that makes sense. i tried to use fifo and shift left and right but is there a better way as they do not put them in an calling sequence. any help much appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,806 Views)

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the detailed information on your desired application. I'm confident you can accomplish this task using LabVIEW, but it'll help to have a little more information about your application. You said you need to make a system 'on rs500'- are you referring to an RSLogix 500 or a specific communication standard? You also mentioned using a FIFO- is that on a Real Time target? Or in LabVIEW? Or on your instrument? Lastly, you say 'they do not put them in a calling sequence' - are you getting an error code here? Or just unexpected behavior?

If you have any extra details you could provide, I'm sure myself and other contributors would be happy to help out. Attaching your actual code, or screenshots of it and any error messages you are getting would be helpful, along with any details on the software, hardware and drivers you're using. 

Austin H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,793 Views)