Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNP3

Hi Shub,

Sorry for replying late.

We've been improving DNP3 examples and I will upload here very soon some improved VI examples that are supposed to be more informative and easy for learning, and we would like your feedback as well as anyone else's.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(3,688 Views)

Hello Lewis,

I appreciate for your response and am eagerly looking forwards for your another post.
Thanks in advance,

Shub

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(3,683 Views)

Hi Shub,

Attached are some improved DNP3 examples. See if they help you understand more and your feedbacks are welcome.

For the moment the forum service being impaired due to some issue,  please download here within 72 hours:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/outgoing/DNP3/DNP3_V2.rar

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(3,669 Views)

Hello Lewis,

We have been able to establish communication between Master and Outstaion VI's, However, it works only when both master and outstation are under same network. When we try to establish connection between master and outstation at present at different networks, the master times out and is not able to recieive any data. We want to transmit the data over the internet, where these two stations are miles apart and are under different networks. Please help us out in resolving the issue as soon as possible.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(3,641 Views)

Hi skumar77,

The default value for Link Status Period as set in the property DNP3_Outstation_Session is 20s and the Application Confirmation Timeout is 10s. They should be long enough for most cases. But over internet, you may want to check if they are sufficient.

I also would suggest to check whether the network environment is a good one (ping not too high), and DNP3 is not blocked by any firewall, etc.

Message 15 of 16
(3,621 Views)

Hi Lewis,

I just learn this disscussion at this moment,
I please introduce myself, I am Riyad, a student in postgraduate program.

Can you send again the document that you send and available only in 72 hour, thank you.

And I want to ask, Is it possible to get DNP3 toolkit limited license for student like me?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,183 Views)