Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNP3: Problem with Send Poll Device Attribute Vi - Group 0

OK. Let me know when a new version will be ready.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(3,642 Views)

Hi,

Do you know when the new version should be released?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(3,574 Views)

Hi JFGauvin,

The fix is implemented in DNP3 14.0 but unfortunately the release date is a bit delayed due to certain new demands. Now the work is about done and it should be very soon. 

I'll update here for sure.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(3,562 Views)

OK. No problem.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(3,558 Views)

Hi JFGauvin,

DNP3 is updatable to 14.0 from NI Update Service. (You may find you need to update NI Update Service to 14.0 first.)

The web download page has not gone online yet. Will update here when it does.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(3,386 Views)

Hi,

We’ve installed the new DNP3 driver version. But, it says that our DNP3 driver serial number is not valid for this version. Is it possible to have a new serial number for the 14.0 driver?

Regards,

JF

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(3,345 Views)

Hi,

We've installed the new driver (in trial mode). Qualifier code 0 is correctly sent by Labview. Our device returns the serial number (qualifier code 8, start index 0, stop index 0) as shown in the wireshark trace. But, we get an error (44201: The point is not available in the master) when reading local data, using index 0. I've attached the Labview schema.

Are we doing something wrong?

Thanks,

JF Gauvin

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(3,336 Views)

Hi JFGauvin,

1. Regarding the serial number for 14.0, I'll give you a new one for 14.0 when I apply one. For now I can generate an activation code for you. To do so, I need your Computer ID which you can find out in NI License Manager.

For privacy, please email to me the information as well as some contact info at yishi.liu@ni.com

2. To read the device attribute, you should use the property node - in your case, it should be "DNP3 Master Session - Serial Number", rather than the Read.vi. Yes I know this is a bit tricky 🙂

DNP3 Read Attribute.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(3,321 Views)

We've confirmed that it's now OK. Thanks for your support.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(3,307 Views)

FYI, web download page for DNP3 14.0 is also online. Finally.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(3,181 Views)