Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comsoft Profibus DP With Segment Coupler Connection Issues

I am having the issue of connecting my companies network board with the Comsoft Profibus DP cRIO module.  I have had success using the module with our Profibus DP board but my issues arise when I try to use the module in conjunction with a segment coupler and a Profibus PA board.  The segment coupler that I am using is made by Pepperl & Fuchs.  Within the Comsoft Configurator II I set the baud rate to 93.75 kBit/sec and set the following bus parameters (per the Pepperl & Fuchs segment coupler manual):

Tslot:  4095

Tsdr min:  22

Tsdr max:  1000

Tset:  55

Tqui:  0

Gap-factor:  10

Retry limit:  1

HSA:  126

I then installed the Profibus PA .gsd file and tried to use the "monitor/modify connect" option within the Comsoft Configurator II.  I then got the following error message:

"Error in communication with the hardware.
Can't create transport path or AutoSlave-Mode is active.

For detailed error description see C:/ProgramData/Configurator2/*.log"

I created a vi that set the AutoSlave-Mode to inactive but the error message still persists after running it.  When I go back to the bus parameters for the Master (which is the cRIO PB Comsoft master) and set it to the default DP values it is able to make the connection (of course with a red box around my Slave saying that it doesn't exist).  Any suggestions would be great.  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(9,816 Views)

I discussed this issue with Comsoft and it looks like they can reproduce this problem with the cRIO module. It seems to work fine with the PCI/PXI boards. A developer is looking into it. I come back to this thread as soon as I have something.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(9,785 Views)

I am having a similar issue connecting the comsoft profibus DP cRIO module as a Master module. When i am trying to connect Configurator II and cRIO, the result is a message with this text: Error in communication with the hardware, Can't create transport path, For detailed error description see C:\.......abm_io.log. The .log archive text is below.

I have done all the necessary steps to install the module correctly but i can't know what to do whit this trouble.

Any suggestions would be great too, because it is important to me to test my GSD files and i can't go forward because this issue.

Thanks a lot.

Application Version:
DLL Version: 1.2.37.0 - Dec 21 2010

ABM Communication Log Start. at Tue Nov 13 21:14:47 2012

11/13/12 21:14:47,139 : ABS_DestroyPath(lxmyPath 0x0000)
11/13/12 21:14:54,858 : 05: EXTMEMCMD_RD_CTRL
iId = 0x0001
iInfo = 0x4003
iCommand = 0x000B
iDataSize = 0x0000
aiExtended[0..7] = 0x0000,0x003E,0x0000,0x0000,0x0000,0x0000,0x0000,0x0000
11/13/12 21:14:56,012 : 45: SendMailbox Error (eStatus: 0xFFFFFFF8)
iId = 0x0001
iInfo = 0x4003
iCommand = 0x000B
iDataSize = 0x0000
aiExtended[0..7] = 0x0000,0x003E,0x0000,0x0000,0x0000,0x0000,0x0000,0x0000
11/13/12 21:14:56,012 : ABS_DestroyPath(lxmyPath 0x0050)
11/13/12 21:15:34,912 : ABS_DestroyPath(lxmyPath 0x0000)
11/13/12 21:21:33,936 : ABS_DestroyPath(lxmyPath 0x0000)

error1.jpg

then....

error2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(9,759 Views)

Do you have a slave connected to the cRIO Master module?  I don't think you can make a connection between Configurator II and cRIO, only between masters (cRIO) and the slaves connected to the cRIO module.  If you are connected to a slave, then you need to load the .gsd file first.  Right click on the Profibus DP portion of the tree on the left and select "Install new GS* - file..."  Once you have done this then you should be able to expand the Profibus DP tree and see your slave.  Drag and drop the slave into the bus configuration and it should make a connection that looks like the image in the attached word document.

Then you can drag and drop your module options into the corresponding slots for the slave.  Next, click on the Online drop down menu and select "Driver selection..." and select the cRIO PB (if it doesn't appear then click VISA-config and it should appear).  Now when you try to connect you will either get a red, blue, or green box around your slave depending on if the cRIO module is able to make a connection.  Let me know if this helped you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(9,750 Views)

DirkW have you heard anything from ComSoft yet?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(9,728 Views)

Yes, i have a slave connected to the cRIO master module and I loaded a gsd file. The error happens when i try to download the configuration, Configurator II cant access to the fpga so i cant continue with the next step without downloading the configuration to the FPGA, like the images posted before.

I appreciate if you can help me with this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(9,718 Views)

The issue that you are having is that you haven't specified the slave in the bus configuration tree.  In addition to loading the .gsd file you have to locate your device in the tree to the left and drag and drop it into the bus configuration on the right.  When you do that, a connecting line should appear between the cRIO Master and your slave.  Once your slave appears on the right you can double click it and set the slave parameters and also assign your slot parameters.  I don't think you should be trying to connect to the fpga until you have set up your slave.  The error you are getting says "can't create transport path."  I think that error has to do with not detecting any slave in the bus configuration on the right.  Let me know if you need any more information.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(9,701 Views)

I'm from Comsoft and DirkW asked me to follow up the issues.

@JGar: As DirkW mentioned we can reproduce the problem with the Pepperl&Fuchs coupler and it seems there is a problem with the firmware of the cRIO PB. I think we can solve this problem within two weeks. Please contact the Comsoft support via email (mailto:support@comsoft.de) because we need your contact to send you a new firmware version of the cRIO PB.

@ruizf: Regarding to the download issue it would be the best to send (mailto:support@comsoft.de) the 3 log files of the Configurator II. The directory of the log files are displayed in the error message dialog. 

Thanks!

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(9,686 Views)

Comsoft has delivered a potential Fix for the mentioned problem. You have to update the firmware of the module. in order to do that you have to unpack the attached zipfile and run the EXE file within the unpacked folder. make sure the cRIO having the Profibus Module in Slot 1 is attached to the same subnet as the Host running the Updater tool. Follow the onscreen step by step instructions to discover the target, then choose slot 1 and wait until it is done.

Let us know if this doesn't fix your problems.

The updater Tool can be found here:  ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/ind_comm/profibus/FirmwareUpdater/

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(9,632 Views)

Hey DirkW, I am now just getting back into the project at work and ran into an issue with the new firmware.  I installed the firmware as instructed but I'm now having problems with both Profibus DP and Profibus PA.  The error message says "Error in communication with the hardware.  Can't create transport path or AutoSlave-Mode is active."  This error message was only appearing when I tried to run Profibus PA before, but it is now appearing when I try to do Profibus DP also.  I don't have the previous firmware so I have no way to test whether the error message is due to the firmware update or due to soemthing that I may have done.  Is there anyway to get a copy of the original Comsoft cRIO PB firmware for me to use?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(9,313 Views)