Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Create Alias Name For Card. Cannot Right Click In MAX. DF PROFI II CARD

Solved!
Go to solution

Cannot Create Alias Name For Card. Cannot Right Click In MAX. MAX example shown in install instructions, does not match what I am seeing. See attached photo.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,553 Views)

Hi Caroyso,

Please make sure that you have the PROFIBUS PCI/PXI driver, which can be found here.  Additionally, please make sure you have NI-VISA installed as well.  Both of these drivers are necessary to communicate with the device.  After this, please make sure you can run the example program.  You should be able to set the device up as a slave (or a master using the configurator tool).  Make sure these example programs work.  If not, please provide a MAX Technical Report and screenshots of the error from running either the master or slave code.  Thanks!

Matt S.
Industrial Communications Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,547 Views)

Hello and thank you for the reply. I forgot to mention that the card is working fine. I am able to communicate with it with no issues.  I just cannot change the alias name/right click on it in MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,544 Views)

Hi Caroyso,

I am glad everything is working.  It looks like you are using the PCI version of the card, is this correct?  It may be due to this, but I am uncertain, I may to look into this a bit more.  I know you can change the alias name with the PXI version of the card.  I'll need to see if I have PCI version to check this out.  

Matt S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,513 Views)

[Duplicate Post - Ignore]

Matt S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,513 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Caroyso1

At the suggestion of Ryan in techinal support, I upgraded VISA to 5.4.1 and the problem has been solved.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,509 Views)