Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN Error 1074384560 with NI 8512/2 PCI

Hello,

I've inherit a LABview 2010 software code managing a CAN system. The hardware configuration is: NI PCI-6224, NI PCI-6221 and a NI 8512/2 PCI. The used driver for the CAN comunication are NI-CAN 2.7.3 and NI-Xnet 14.1 with the compatibility library. The .EXE software runs properly on an old pc. I'm tryng to migrate to a new PC but while the Daq part of the software is ok, a XNET error (1074384560) is generated for the CAN part. The .ncd file for the CAN configuration is the same for both PC. I Just copy the .EXE folder from the old PC to the new as no builder was developed by the previous developer.

Can you help me?

Regards

mpower

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,996 Views)

Hi Mpower,

Did you had a chance to look into this,

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-add-an-xnet-session-to-a-exe/td-p/2162042

If it's a new machine you should link the alias file to the DB. There are different methods to do it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,968 Views)

Thanks a lot for your support. I solved the problem by exporting on the old pc the CAN configuration in .xml and by importing it in the new PC. With the .xml the CAN configuration has been recognized and the application works properly.

Regards

Mpower

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,932 Views)

Hi, how did you export/import the CAN configuration? I'm struggling figuring it out.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,083 Views)