cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C Series PROFINET Transfer Size

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm currently using a C Series PROFINET card to interface with an existing PROFINET network. Can anyone clarify how much data can be passed between our system and the PROFINET network using this card? The API document specifies that there are 16 slots with 254 bytes each, however, the technical datasheet say that there is a maximum of 254 bytes input and 254 bytes output with 16 IO slots supported. I'm hoping this means that we can transfer 16 x 254 bytes (‭4064‬ bytes) each way.  Is this correct or am I misunderstanding something?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,174 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mbremer

I reached out to Kunbus and they got back to me confirming that it is 254 input and 254 output bytes that can be divided between 16 slots.

One suggestion they gave is to split the bytes that I want to send into multiple parts and defined the first byte as a header containing the information about which part is being sent. The remaining space is filled with the bytes in that frame. Both sides of the system would need to know about the first byte and the splitting.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,111 Views)