cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About NI Crio and Elmo twitter via EtherCat

Solved!
Go to solution
Dear All,

Now, our work need to use NI Crio 9040 communicated with Elmo Twitter via EtherCAT. I have build a set system of CompactRio9040 and elmo driver with labview, six i/o port can be show in labview via ethercat. I can control the motor use position mode but Softmotion of NI can not work on Torque or velocity mode. I can write torque setpoint to it, without any error, but the drive does not responds to it. Could you help me?
We are very grateful to you for your help.

Best regards,

Zexin Zhang

project of my systemproject of my systemsix I/O of Elmo devicesix I/O of Elmo device
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,038 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wolfzzx

As per the SDI compatibility documentation and the Elmo Gold SDI Plug-in's release notes, the Elmo drive does support Profile Velocity and Profile Torque modes. From your screenshots, it appears that the LabVIEW project is referencing the wrong ESI (.xml) file for the EtherCAT slave. This causes too few PDOs to be exposed from the drive. This is documented in the SDI Getting Started Guide in this note:

Because the SDI Plug-in includes a modified ESI file, do not import the manufacturer's default ESI file into LabVIEW. This may cause the EtherCAT slave to deploy with an object mapping incompatible with SDI.

To fix the issue, follow this procedure:

1. Go to the <Program Files (x86)>\National Instruments\Shared\IndComECAT\DD directory.

2. Delete the standard ESI file

3. Make sure the modified ESI file for SoftMotion is there (Elmo ECAT 00010420 V03_SM_V5.xml).

4. Delete the EtherCAT slaves in the LabVIEW Project.

5. Restart LabVIEW.

6. Re-add the EtherCAT slave

For reference, the example LabVIEW project included with the SDI Plug-in should expose the following PDOs under the Elmo drives:

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,986 Views)

Dear Karl,

Thank you very much for your reply and your reply is very helpful to me. But I can't find  the modified ESI file for SoftMotion (Elmo ECAT 00010420 V03_SM_V5.xml). Could you send me the XML file?

My E-mail: 1030165708@qq.com

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,977 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wolfzzx

It is included with the SDI plugin. Please install it via VI Package Manager. Simply search for Elmo.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,975 Views)

I have install the SDI Plug-in - Elmo Gold, but I don't find the  the modified ESI file for SoftMotion (Elmo ECAT 00010420 V03_SM_V5.xml). I have searched on my computer, but I have not found it.

Don't find on my computerDon't find on my computerSDI Plug-in.PNGexample.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,972 Views)

Are there any errors during installation of the VI Package? I would expect it to partially fail if not all files could be copied. One thing to try will be running VI Package Manager with Administrator privileges and then reinstalling, as this is required to write all files to disk.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,954 Views)
I re-install the VIPM and I find the XML file, thank you very much.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,934 Views)

Can you show the print screen of the XML file in the file?

What is the process for reinstalling VIPM?

Is the uninstallation process correct as shown?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,704 Views)