Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AB Ethernet with NI

This is in reference to the discussion which we had, I am mentioning my questions as below, and I hope you would be able to reply me  today:

1. I have a NI CRIO 9012 module, which I need to communicate with the AB 1756 EN2T module, please advise, what software hardware requirement I need to have to make it communicating and transferring the data. Please also advise if you have any sample code.

1. I have a NI CRIO 9012 module, which I need to communicate with the Prosoft MVI56- MNETR module, please advise, what software hardware requirement I need to have to make it communicating and transferring the data. Please also advise if you have any sample code.

1. I have a NI 9138 module, which I need to communicate with the AB 1756 EN2T module, please advise, what software hardware requirement I need to have to make it communicating and transferring the data. Please also advise if you have any sample code.

1. I have a NI 9138 module, which I need to communicate with the Prosoft MVI56- MNETR module, please advise, what software hardware requirement I need to have to make it communicating and transferring the data. Please also advise if you have any sample code.

I have downloaded the software NICOMPACT RIO, please advise, me what step I need to follow to test the communication by above methods.

I would appreciate, your prompt response.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,483 Views)

Hi,

Basically you have to check what communication protocols AB 1756 EN2T supports and whether there's corresponding LabVIEW toolkit available.

AB 1756 EN2T as I checked on Rockwell website, supports EIP, and NI has EIP toolkit. You may download it here.

After installing the toolkit, you have the VI API and examples. (7 days trial if not activated)

NI also has profibus toolkit. It needs hardware interface to work. check it out here

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,469 Views)