From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

61850 initiate

Solved!
Go to solution

I use IEC61850 client to connect the SEL-735 meter, but it always stuck in the Initiate part

but when I use other IEC61850 client (like IEDScout), there is no such problem,

so I use wireshark to trace these packet, the labview initiate request's ISO 8650-1 is like this:

labview.png

and the IEDScout initiate request's ISO 8650-1 is like this:

IEDscout.png

so I use TCP socket send a modified initiate request to the SEL-735

modified.png

then the SEL-735 send back an initiate response

so, I have two questions

1. Is there anyway i can change the aSO-context-name when i use the initiate command ?

2.When I use IEDScout to connect the labview 61850 mms server, it stuck in the same part, server does'nt response the initiate

,is there anyway i can change the labview mms server to response the initiate request with 1.0.9506.2.3?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,547 Views)

Hi,

I think the reason of stuck is a wrong matching of hardware and software.

Please provide me some details of your system.

1. The version of your IEC 61850 software.

2. What's the type of the chasiss that installed IEC 61850 software? Is it a cRIO?

3. Please send me the screenshot of stuck.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,536 Views)

Hi,

I use IEC 61850 15.0

test IEC 61850 client function on my PC (windows 8.1)

and I use the example IEC 61850 MMS client Initiate.vi to connect the SEL-735 meter

initiate fail.jpg

In case,  these are my AP-property setting

APsetting.jpg

Thanks !!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,529 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author eggheadhohoho

Hi,

Thanks for your information.

1. I am sorry to say that IEC 61850 software cannot support changing the aSO-context-name until now.

2..When you use IEDScout to connect the labview 61850 mms server, you should change the configuration of OSI Mask on MMS Server. In any program of IEC61850 MMS Server.lvproj, Double-click the first VI, _SetServerProperty.vi. Show its Block Diagram, and you can say OSI Mask item like below.

1.PNG

For OSI Mask, it consists of 4 bits and you can set it all 0. We have done the test in our office and it is work. I attached the instruction of OSI Mask in Attachments too.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,513 Views)

Sorry, I got another question,

is there any way i can connect the SEL-735 with labview 61850 client  now?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,450 Views)

Hi,

Before running that VI, you should config the SCL file firstly. Like the below screenshot.

Capture.PNG

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,430 Views)

thanks for the replied,

I do config the SCL file, but due to the initiate issue,

I can't use this remote server to execute some vi , like send browse command or create IO handler

I  had tried send sending TCP socket with altered initiate request (to replace the original "send initiate command.vi"), but those vi still can't execute correctly,

how can I do ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,421 Views)

Hi,

I am sorry to say that I am not clearly understand your question.

1. "I can't use this remote server to execute some vi , like send browse command or create IO handler". Do you want to run IEC61850 MMS Server.lvproj on SEL-735? Which VI exactly do you mean?

2. "I  had tried send sending TCP socket with altered initiate request (to replace the original "send initiate command.vi")".  Also, which VI exactly do you mean?

By the way, could you please send me some screenshot?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,412 Views)

Sorry,

I want to run a labview- 61850-client to connect the MMS server(SEL-735)

but because the send initiate request vi doesn't work, so I used TCP socket to replace the send initiate request vi

form this

to thisbrowse.jpg

replace.jpg

but the Browse vi still said i need to send initiate before I send any request to MMS server

TL;DR,  is there any way I can use labview 61850 client to connect the SEL-735 mms server?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,402 Views)

Hi,

It's right. You need to send initiate before sending any request to MMS server. You can't delete it.

Did you have try to run another program of IEC61850 MMS Client.lvproj, like Read BCR.vi?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,393 Views)