Indian LabVIEW Users Group (IndLUG)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Source Distribution (Build Specification).

Me and my team are stuck at Source Distribution in our Application (Plugin architecture) which includes:

1.Interface/Abstract/Parent Class
2.Component/Child Class
3.SubVIs
4.Top level Application

Issue:
Top level application which has instance of Parent and Child class(Compiled as Source Distribution) works fine in DEV environment but in EXE it throws an 'Error 1498'.
We have tried out different ways(including/excluding dependancies, PPLs,viLibs, userLibs from source distribution) based on our reading and online help but could not solve the issue.

One way we tried while creating plugin architecture is:

1.Created a source distribution for parent.

2.Created a source distribution for child(excluding the parent class dependencies)

In this case, How child should be inherited?

From build/Parent class source distribution class or Parent class in dev folder.

If we 'Preserve source directory' and include all dependencies (viLib/userLib) the build creates complete call chain folders which includes C folder (drive) and D folder (Drive) and how I can use this to package/distribute and provide parent class VIs as a functions palette VIs.

We are relatively new to this concept. So any pointers would be appreciated.

Here is attached:
1.PDF - Which will summarise my problem and steps we are following.
2.Zip File - Required code for refrence

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,322 Views)

can you contact me

kashiphanishayan@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,285 Views)

Can you try following things

1.Create a project which has

• Main.vi
  • IGauge.lvlib which IGauge.lvclass
  • SimGauge.lvlib which IGauge.lvclass

2.Build a new build spec for building Packed library for IGauge.lvlib

3. Build the PPL for IGauge.lvlib

4.Copy the PPL to source folder may be you can create a new folder "Dependencies"

5.Right click IGauge.lvlib library from project and  click on "Replace with a Packed library" option and point to IGauge PPL in "Dependencies" folder

6.Build the PPL (least dependednt) for SimGauge.lvlib from same project

7.Copy the PPL to "Dependencies" folder

8.Right click SimGauge.lvlib library from project and  click on "Replace with a Packed library" option and point to IGauge PPL in "Dependencies" folder

9.Replace theSimGauge.lvlib library with the SimGauge.PPL from project and save all

10. Build the Exe for Main.vi. PPLs will be copied to exe location

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,242 Views)