From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Indian LabVIEW Users Group (IndLUG)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Executable does not open connection when run on different machine while using activex control - TrioPC

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Team, I am building an application using ‘TrioPC’ active controller to connect to Trio Motion Controller. I have created an executable using application builder and trying to run it on another application where I have installed the setup which was build through ‘Application Builder’. Issue – Exe does not open the connection and does not read values from Trio Controller on new machine. But when I run same exe in my machine (on which i have developer edition is installed), it opens up the connection and retrieves the data from controller. Executable runs successfully on my machine but not on different machine. Please help me guide if I am missing anything while building executable. Or anything else I need to take care of. LV version I am using is – LV17.

Activex Code.jpg

Thank you.

Sandeep

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,755 Views)

This would be a stupid question, but have you installed the run time engine in the other machine where exe failed? If the code is fine then it should work. Try re installing the run time engine otherwise. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,740 Views)

Yes Kevinks, RTE - 17 is installed.I even tried installed it through 'Installer' as well but no luck.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,734 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fagcontrols

Can the other machine detect the controller? What about the drivers or ports or labview drivers or such simple stuff? Mostly we tend to forget those. If none of it works try building an exe with an error indicator, with proper error handling, you might get some information that can help. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,731 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fagcontrols

Hello All,

I found the solution, there was one set up ("TrioPCMotion") of Trio Controller was missing on other computer. I am able to read values post set up installation.

Thank you Kevinks, GerdW for the help. Appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,700 Views)