Indian LabVIEW Users Group (IndLUG)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call for Presenters: IndLUG 3rd Meeting June 19 '19

Agenda complete!!!

Dear IndLUG members,

The third meeting is confirmed on June 19th, 2019. As a member you also have a opportunity to present at this meeting online. 

Finalized theme and Agenda

IndLUG 3rd Meeting

Theme: LabVIEW beyond NI Ecosystem

Time Title
9:00 Welcome to IndLUG Meeting - Ram Gurung (Grafitects) and Anish T (National Instruments)
9:15 Extending LabVIEW Application Functionality using ActiveX and .NET - Ram Gurung - CLA & LabVIEW Champion (Grafitects)
10:00 Interfacing CVI - C with LabVIEW - Kirti Balha - CLD (John Deere)
10:45 15 mins Tea break & Networking
11:00 Web services using LabVIEW - Anish T - CLA & CTA (National Instruments)
11:45 7x7 minutes presentations
1) Interfacing Labview with the IOT Embedded platforms like Arduino or Raspberry pi - Venkat Padmanabhan - CLA & CTD (Texas Instruments)
2)
Packed Project Libraries - Hemant Chourasia - CLA (MaxEye Technologies)
3)
Interfacing Python and C codes in Realtime applications using LabVIEW - Mohamed Tanveejul Arsath.P.S - CLD (HTIC IITM)
4) 
Communicating LabVIEW - Python and Socket Programming - Vignesh Rajendran - CLD (Rotork)
5) 
Control LabVIEW Front Panel in Python using by ActiveX Communication - Sabari Saravanan M - CLD (Tessolve Semiconductors) 
6) 
Create a Custom type palette using LabVIEW - Diana Mary - CLD (Danfoss)
7) LabVIEW & Database Integration - Vivekananthabharathi Singaravelu - CLD (Ingersoll Rand - Trane)
12:30 Q & A Discussion
1:15 Wrap up

Date: 19th June, 2019

Time: 9:00 AM to 1:15 PM (Indian Standard Time)

Map for participants attending physically: https://goo.gl/maps/QoGG8FRVWXifVzz16

Register here to attend this meeting physically or online: https://events.ni.com/profile/form/index.cfm?PKformID=0x405936abcd

157+ CLDs & 9 CLA Trained
LabVIEW Training resources
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,972 Views)

Hi,

I would like to present on "Packed Project Libraries" for 7 minutes.

Thanks

Hemant Chourasia

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(5,936 Views)

Hello,

I would like to present about "Interfacing python and C codes in Realtime applications using LabVIEW" for 7 minutes 

Thanks,

Mohamed Tanveejul Arsath.P.S

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,912 Views)

Title:

Extending LabVIEW Application Functionality using ActiveX and .NET

Abstract:

This presentation will discuss on how to extend the functionality of LabVIEW application by accessing the other Windows applications using Active X and .NET

This is a 40 mins presentation with a live demo.

157+ CLDs & 9 CLA Trained
LabVIEW Training resources
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,891 Views)

Hello Team,

I would like to present on.

Title:

"Interfacing Labview with the IOT Embedded platforms like Arduino or Raspberry pi "

Abstract:

This presentation will discuss on some of the ways to Use Labview to Interface or Deploy simple Labview code with some of the IOT friendly Embedded platforms like Raspberry Pi , Arduino Boards.

This is a 7 mins presentation(Demo Optional)

Thanks

Venkat

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,860 Views)

Hello All,

7 Min Presentation

Title:

Communicating LabVIEW - Python and Socket Programming

Abstract:

1. Creating Python modules inside LabVIEW
Creating or reusing existing python modules inside VI to reduce the code replication or something which doesn’t support LabVIEW
2. Calling an old Python Script or an Exe from the LabVIEW Code
Calling a Whole Python Script or Executable called on the runtime or wherever necessary
3. Dynamically Running Code from LabVIEW using Arguments
Calling the Python code Dynamically without hardcoded scripts by using the Arguments in the Python
4.Socket programming LabVIEW Server, Python Client, and Vice Versa
Communicating LabVIEW and Python through the Local Host Socket Utility.

Thanks,

VIGNESH.R

Message 6 of 13
(5,829 Views)

Hi Hemant,

What are you planning to cover?

If others also feel the same, I was wondering if you would be willing to present your topic in the longer format, so that we all could have a moderated discussion after your presentation. (The 7-minute format is likely too short to allow for that.)

For me, PPLs are very straightforward for lvlibs containing no inheritable lvclasses or even for 'pure' interface-type lvclasses where the API contains no code and every method has a must-override requirement. This makes it easy to debug.

However, the situation becomes tricky for me when working with and debugging abstract* classes in the development and run-time environments. It would be great to have this aspect presented or discussed.

*In this context, an abstract class would have at least one must-override method like an interface. It would also have one or more of a public

• Static-dispatch method, or
  • Dynamic-dispatch method requiring sub-classes to 'Call Parent Method' (implying that the parent method has some block-diagram code).

It would also be nice to know what the best practices are with regard to including/excluding vi.lib, user.lib or other dependencies when building PPLs and using them in dev/run time environments.

Regards,

Vishak

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(5,747 Views)

Hello all,

I'd like to give 7mins presentation on as follows;

Title:

"Control LabVIEW Front Panel in Python using by ActiveX Communication" for 7mins session.

Abstract:

This topic will discuss on how to control LabVIEW VI/exe connector pane terminals with python.

Name: SABARI SARAVANAN M

Mob#: +91 9597634252

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,692 Views)

Hi,

I would like to present on LabVIEW - CVI - C in 40 minutes presentation.

Title : Interfacing CVI - C with LabVIEW.

Abstract:

1) Brief Introduction to CVI.

2) How to interface CVI - C with LabVIEW.

NI Certification : CLD

Thanks,

Kriti Balha

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,637 Views)

7-Min

I would like to present on.

Title:
"Create a Custom type palette using LabVIEW"

Abstract:
This Presentation will discuss on how LabVIEW action used as data type is reused across multiple places throughout the test system.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,537 Views)