Impulse Response

Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Comments

A letter of support included in your grant proposal is no longer enough to show the grant review panel that your project will succeed and is worth funding. But the right industry partner can do more than write a letter. 

For years, Igor Alvarado has collaborated with researchers through the proposal process to help them best convey the strength and credibility of their research plans. In this article, he shares tips on how an accelerated Transition to Practice Plan (TTP) can differentiate a grant proposal.

Guest Post: Igor Alvarado, Business Development Manager for Academic Research at NI

Read more...

0 Comments

Rhys headed out to the University of New Mexico to present at the IEEE ComSoc Summer School which aims to propel academic researchers to the cutting edge applications in their field.

Read more...

0 Comments

This blog post will be updated every time we updated Multisim Live with an exciting new feature!

Read more...

0 Comments

Once more I was able to join the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) 2017 annual conference which was held in Columbus Ohio. I was able to speak to countless educators, partners and thought leaders during my 3 days there, and after a little down time, I found myself in front of my computer to think through some of my major takeaways. Between conversations with influential educator Dr. Harry Powell of the University of Virginia, to seeing first hand the impact of trends like IoT - it was another fantastic conference. Here are my top 3 insights from that event.

2017_AC_m.jpg

Read more...

Active Participant RER
0 Comments

NI is excited to provide empowering technologies to the CERN IdeaSquare - a unique, collaborative space that combines detector R&D with society-driven, student challenges. IdeaSquare unites physicists, engineers, industrial partners, and students to co-develop socially and globally relevant product ideas and innovations.

2.jpg

"CERN and NI have been collaborating for a long time, and we are very pleased to involve NI in our MSc student programs here at IdeaSquare, contributing to the training of next-generation scientists, innovators and entrepreneurs.”   -- Dr Markus Nordberg, Head of Development & Innovation, IdeasS

Read more...

Active Participant RER
0 Comments

Start Your Engines! The Destination? A Greener Future for us All.

The Shell Eco-marathon is an autosport event, which challenges young engineers to design, build and drive the most energy-efficient car. With three annual events in Asia, Americas and Europe, 500 teams from 50 countries take to the track to see who goes farthest on a single litre of fuel.

We sent NI engineers to London to check out this year’s European Eco-marathon and to meet the NI sponsored teams.

Ecomarathon (lowres).JPG

Read more...

0 Comments

What happens when you put a fish behind the wheel of a myRIO controlled robot? Students at the University of Virginia wanted to find that out.

fish robot.png

Read more...

0 Comments

I often pose this kind of question, in one form or another, to my team and to our industry and education partners as a check to ensure we are consistently exceeding expectations and providing the most needed and most innovative solutions for educators and researchers.

I got some amazing answers at our annual conference, Academic Forum at NIWeek. Here are my key takeaways and favorite moments from this incredible event.

Guest Blog: Andy Bell, Director of Academic Programs at NI

Student design team Taiwan

Students from the National Taiwan University demonstrate their engineering design project, Turboquad.

Read more...

0 Comments

Multisim Live.png

Multisim Live is out of Beta! But what does that mean for you?

Read more...

0 Comments

Partnering for impact around the world by empowering engineers and innovators

COMET-with Mayor.jpg

YSEALI Food Innovation Challenge winners with Austin Mayor Steve Adler and USAID Economic Growth officer Becca Acuna

Read more...

Active Participant RER
1 Comment

When you combine the NI platform with the raw creativity of a young engineer, incredible things can happen. Ladies and Gentlemen, we proudly announce the Top 10 Student Projects Worldwide 2017

Prepare to be inspired.

Top 10.JPG

Read more...

0 Comments

A friendly face returns to share yet more of his lab class materials and awesome student capstone projects.

XBee Lab Project

Read more...

0 Comments

Just because you stuck a Wi-Fi chip on an existing system or idea, doesn’t mean you’ve made the IoT.

IoT Done Dirt Cheap

Read more...

0 Comments

Learn how NI and its partners are transforming engineering education in Vietnam and across Southeast Asia.

Guest Blog by Chandran Nair, Vice President - Asia Pacific (APAC) at NI

Read more...

0 Comments

"To take huge steps forward, students must understand how to build and design engineering systems if they are to keep up with the rapid rate of innovation and deliver on the promise of tomorrow. IoT will be a fundamental theme on those systems."

Andy Bell

Director, Academic Programs

Photo to represent a connected city

Read more...

0 Comments

Episode 3 - Travis hits the beach in Florida and gets valuable insight from professionals across the United States as we kick off ECEDHA 2017!

ECEDHA 2017.png

Read more...

0 Comments

Educators, what would your students say to you five years into their careers? Recent graduates and young professionals, what feedback do you have for your professors now that you're out in the "real world"?

Feedback stock image

Read more...

0 Comments

How would you normally calculate Pi? Look it up online? Try to measure the circumference and radius of a circle? Well I wanted to try using a pendulum instead!

mydaq.jpg

Read more...

Active Participant RER
0 Comments

Introducing The Halléoojamaflipaphone

This tongue-twisting, mechatronic musician is capable of playing anything from Beethoven to hip hop. The wondrous instrument is built with NI myRIO, and designed to excite and inspire the next-generation of engineers. Halléoojamaflipaphone is currently on tour with the esteemed Hallé orchestra, and has already played to almost 10,000 school children.

Read more...

0 Comments

Episode 2 - Travis gets to speak with Tricia Berry, one of the creators of Girl Day, as we dive into Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day on the UT campus!

Introduce a Girl to engineering week.png

Read more...

0 Comments

Mobile World Congress has particularly exciting news for us at NI this year; one of our most celebrated academic research teams has partnered with industry to run field trials of their 5G Massive MIMO system. So just how do universities go from your typical undergraduate courses to setting world records in 5G research?

bristol_dd5I9601.png

Read more...

Active Participant RER
1 Comment

Within the next few years, an ingenious device called the ‘Watt Balance’ will fundamentally redefine the kilogram! An Austin-based YouTuber has used the NI platform to explain this complex instrument, in a supremely accessibly way.

The Perfect Kilogram?

Read more...

0 Comments

This is the first of many Impulse Response vlogs! Be the first to view and comment!

Episode 1 - Travis is on the road visiting key universities in Switzerland.

Impulse Response Episode 1.png

Read more...

0 Comments

Hardships and system failures are not going to stop the Berkeley Hyperloop team. Crazy enough, that has lit a fire in them to iterate and move forward, stronger than ever. 

IMG_3797 copy.JPG

Photo courtesy of Berkeley Hyperloop team 

Read more...

0 Comments

I love LinkedIn. The ability to see someone’s choices in education, the pivotal changes in their career path, and the breadth of experiences that combine to qualify them for their current position is not only inspirational, but also telling of what it takes to get to one’s chosen destination.

These students exemplify what it takes and what is possible.

DTU EcoCar student design team

Past NI Student Design Showcase finalist team - DTU EcoCar

Read more...