From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

IF-RIO

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code 1054: compiling error on examples with the 5640R

Hi,

I'm trying to use the 5640R to analyze the I and Q outputs of a set of downconversion mixers. I found that I might be able to slightly modify some of the examples that came with driver 1.3. However, when I tried to compile the FPGA part of the "ni5640R Analog Input and Output" example (before I made any modifications), I get a Code Generation Error 1054 (Cut and pasted below)

Error 1054 occurred at nirviUIDToObject.vi

Possible reason(s):

Error getting object reference for UID.
All text parsed:

<CodeGenErr>
<ErrorCode>1</ErrorCode>
<DynamicText>Internal software error occurred getting module generator VI Paths (2)</DynamicText>
</CodeGenErr>

<CodeGenErr>
<ErrorCode>7</ErrorCode>
<DynamicText>Error calling module generator VI: NULL</DynamicText>
</CodeGenErr>

<CodeGenErr>
<ErrorCode>1</ErrorCode>
<DynamicText>Internal software error occurred getting module generator VI Paths (2)</DynamicText>
</CodeGenErr>

<CodeGenErr>
<ErrorCode>7</ErrorCode>
<DynamicText>Error calling module generator VI: NULL</DynamicText>
</CodeGenErr>

<CodeGenErr>
<ErrorCode>1</ErrorCode>
</CodeGenErr>

The code goes on for pages and pages.  When I use the pre-compiled "NI5640R Analog Input and Output (FPGA)" module that came with the driver, I seem to have no problems. Could anybody please shed some light on the issue?

Thank.

Richard Tseng

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,590 Views)

Hi, I just wanted to report that I seem to have solved the problem. The issue was that while Labview was recently updated to version 8.6.1, the Labview FPGA module stayed at version 8.6. I found information leading to the solution through these two posts:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=423223

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A711119FE89E39E78625754E00075E92

Richard Tseng

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,582 Views)