From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

IF-RIO

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with "Memory Write" in FPGA

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi Everyone,

I try to write one value to a memory in FPGA and read it again (see picture) . When I compile the VI, the compilation stops with this error message:
ERROR:coreutil - Failure to set parameters on core: Illegal combination: Port A
   Width and Port A Depth
I configured the memory to be I32 and set Depth to 1. Arbitration is set to "Arbitrate if Multiple Requestors Only" for write memory and read memory.
I'm using LabVIEW 8.5, my FPGA Target is a PXI-7833R.

Thank you for any ideas.

Uli
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,421 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author UliB
Hi Uli

Concerning your error.  Please read the following post and see if the information there helps you:
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=ifrio&message.id=261&query.id=77624#M261

Also, since you are using the PXI-7833R, you would probably have more luck posting to this forum:
http://forums.ni.com/ni/search?submitted=true&type=message&q=fpga&page_size=50&sort_by=-date
A greater number of people who are experts in LV FPGA follow that forum.  This forum is limited to the NI 5640R IF-RIO module, and has a much smaller following.

Jerry
Message 2 of 5
(8,411 Views)

Hello Jerry,

thank you for your answer.

With the information in the post I solved my problem. I set Depth to 2 and the compilation finished successfully.

I'm sorry for posting in the "wrong" forum. It was my first post to the NI Discussion Forum and I can't remember how I selected this forum.

Uli

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,404 Views)
Hi Uli

I wouldn't say it was the "wrong" forum to post in, or that you shouldn't have.  I was just pointing out that the other forum has more readers.  If I didn't know the answer to your question, it may have sat unanswered for a while on this forum.

Jerry
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(8,397 Views)

Hi Jerry,

I understand what you mean.

My intention was to post my problem to the LabVIEW forum, but the message appeared in this forum and I even don't know how I managed it. Smiley Sad

But in the end I'm happy to got a fast answer, which helped a lot, without posting the problem a second time.

I would rate your answer with 5 stars, but I haven't enough posts to rate a message yet. Smiley Mad

Uli

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(8,392 Views)