IF-RIO

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create FPGA target

(Apologies, but this somehow ended up in the IF-RIO folder! This happens to me a lot...)

I'm following the National Instruments help guide to create an FPGA targeted project, but I cannot see any FPGA targets in the Add Targets and Devices list. Ultimately, I want to add a compact FieldPoint system (no hardware yet) to the project.

This is the help page:

Step 4. Instructs to expand the FPGA Target folder. As you can see from my targets list, there is no such folder.

I have everything (literally) installed from our latest Full Development Suite of LabVIEW 8.6, on my Windows XP Pro system.

Am I missing something?

Message Edited by Thoric on 10-14-2008 10:25 AM
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,934 Views)
Also having this issue, my card is a 7831-R installed on the PCI board.  I do not see the "compact rio " folder when adding targets & devices, but my in MAX I see my card under the RIO section.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,789 Views)

Most likely, both of you have a software install issue.

First, verify you have LabVIEW FPGA Installed in your Measurement & Automation Explorer Software tab.

Once this is installed, you must install the latest NI-RIO driver(can be found on our website, latest version is 3.1.1). If you install the NI-RIO driver BEFORE you have LVFPGA installed, then it will not add support since it detects that you wont need it.

Once you have that installed both of these, you should be able to right click on My Computer in the project tree and add the device.

For a quick check if you did this correctly, if you can find FPGA examples in the example finder, then you have installed it correctly. If you cannot find FPGA examples, then you have not.

Rob K
Measurements Mechanical Engineer (C-Series, USB X-Series)
National Instruments
CompactRIO Developers Guide
CompactRIO Out of the Box Video
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,777 Views)

I had an incorrect driver installed.  I had installed the NI RIO 2.3.1 driver because when I searched for "7831" under the support>>drivers page it showed as the latest driver.  I called NI support and they had me upgrade to the latest NI RIO driver and now my issue is solved.

Thanks!

Brian.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,775 Views)