[IDLE] Central Texas LabVIEW User Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Tuesday, 8/26 UG meeting; RF and Vision

Hi,

The upcomign UG meeting will have two main themes.

Norm Kirchner will be presenting the world of LabVIEW RF.  Fresh off of four presntations at NI week we can expect some great material.

Secondly we will have a round table for LabVIEW Vision systems.  We will have industry experts and R&D experts discussing LabVIEW vision systems at a level for beginners and new vision developers in LabVIEW. To start off the round table we will have a short demonstration of the new vision course (with hardware)

Here is the list of questions for the round table.

1.         There are a wide variety of applications that use vision.  In your experience, what are some examples of ways that vision most commonly used in applications?  (e.g. read barcodes to sort objects, pass/fail parts, make measurements on an object, etc)

2.         What are some initial project considerations when starting a Vision application ?

3.         What are some of the common pitfalls when starting a Vision project?

4.         If I want to be able to develop vision applications, what is the best way for me to learn how to do that?

5.         What hardware do you need in a typical vision application/system? How important is the hardware choice to the style of programming?

6.         Are there any LabVIEW design patterns that are particularly relevant to vision applications? (e.g. producer/consumer, queued message handler, etc)

7.         Are there extra considerations when building an executable using Vision, as compared to a non vision LabVIEW app?

8.         Can you give us a high-level walkthrough of what it’s like to work on a vision application from start to finish?

9.         What is Vision Acquisition Software and Vision Development Module? Does it require a different style of LabVIEW programming?

10.        What is the Vision Builder for Automated Inspection product?  When should I create a vision application using Vision Builder for AI, and when should I create a vision application using LabVIEW?

11.        What are some of the toolkits available for vision applications?

See you there 🙂

Mark Ramsdale
Program Manager & CLA
Global Demo and Equipment at National Instruments
Message 1 of 3
(7,447 Views)

Thanks Mark.

I just want to point out for everyone that A LOT of planning has gone into this upcoming UGM (Tues 8/26, 11am-1pm).

Many of you know that Norm is a rock solid developer & presenter.  His LabVIEW RF portion will be an excellent intro.  Can't wait.

And then we'll have a full panel of Vision experts answering all the common questions you guys have (shared by Mark in advance so you'll know what to expect).

We're really trying to keep things fresh, interesting, & valuable without regurgitating the same old, same old.

So if you've ever had questions or curiousity about RF or Vision in LabVIEW, please register now & plan to join us on Tuesday.  I'll make sure we order enough food for everyone (assuming you all register!).  Thanks.  -drew

Link to register  ->  http://sine.ni.com/nievents/app/offering/p/offeringId/1762732/site/nic/country/us/lang/en

Drew Pierce | District Manager, Central Texas | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,089 Views)

This sounds like a great meeting. I have a customer visit early that day, so I will be late but I will make my best to be there.

Thanks,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,089 Views)