[IDLE] CLUG : Cambridge LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Content

Thank you everyone who attended the November 2014 CLUG event, it was a great success, with fantastic presentations from Phill and Steve on Agile and Hardware in the Loop testing.

We ended the meeting with a discussion on what topics to consider for next year, and came up with a fantastic list.

Overall, we're pleased with the more general Software Engineering Practices envelope topic which has allowed us to expand our horizons beyond LabVIEW into more areas, so we're keen to see that we maintain that level of versatility. These are some of the topics that came up, with names of those of us able to present some of the content:

TopicComments
Software EngineeringThe same theme as 2014, but it doesn't have to be the defining theme. The User Group is open to all content!

Richard Thomas: At PTP we're using Atlassian software, including JIRA and STASH and SourceTree. I can present on these if there's interest?
AssertionsPeter Horn is coming up to present on Assertions
Advanced TDMSJames McNally from Wiresmith Technologies has agreed to visit and offer his expertise on Advanced TDMS
3rd Part ToolkitsThere are loads of toolkits available for LabVIEW, just look at the JKI VI Package Manager listing to see! We're interested in hearing more about these, with a suggestion that JSON could be a good one to start with. Anyone like to volunteer to present on that?
TestStandDavid Barr: As an avid TestStand user, David has volunteered to present on his experiences and developments in TestStand, and especially linking TestStand to LabVIEW
VI Package ManagerUsing VIPM for internal distribution of software
SecurityProtection of IP, defences against hacking, code obfuscation.
David Brisco (correct if I'm wrong David!) has suggested he can present on some of these topics
Automated BuildOvernight builds that occur automatically, overnight regression testing.
Jenkins - software for achieving automated builds (Peter Horn?)
General SoftwareShow you block diagrams!
Richard Thomas: I'm sure I can dig up an embarassing BD or two!
LLB, LVLIB, LVLIBPDiscussion on the use of LabVIEW Libraries
Jarobit Pina (guest presenter)
Messenging FrameworkDiscussion on his Messenging Framework, James Powell (guest presenter)
Symbolic PathsDiscussion on how we can take advantage of LabVIEW's symbolic paths. For more info, see LabVIEW Help > File I/O > Basics of File I/O > File Paths > Symbolic Paths. Richard Thomas
AGILEShow and Tell on AGILE Frameworks for LabVIEW - Phill Tadman of Mass Consultants.

We're looking for volunteers to present on any of the above, or any other topic at all. If you think you can offer something then please add a comment below, or email me (or Hannah) directly to discuss. We're a very friendly group so please feel comfortable standing up to present 🙂

We're also continuously looking for questions for our Ask the Experts panel, which proves fun and popular each meeting, so get them on here and we'll see what we can do to answer them!

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(8,712 Views)

Hi,

I've done some work with ppls in the past, creating a framework capable to launch unknown code located in a server (cloud). I had to learn how to drive queues, events, and how to pass classes between source code and PPLs. If you like, I could put some of these techniques in a presentation an talk about it.

Jarobit.

Message 2 of 3
(6,408 Views)

Thanks Jarobit (Jpina) for your presentation on PPLs yesterday! Thanks also to Peter Horn for presenting on his Assertions toolkit, which looks like an exciting prospect.

We're now looking for volunteers to present on some of the outstanding topics from the list above! Also, any additional topics are most welcome, so please comment here if you have any wishes, ideas or want to present for us.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,408 Views)