IBM RQM Lead Integrators Support

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

The network is down unreachable, or has been reset

IBM and I have verified and set up as per the requirements:

• At least an RQM Connector License (free)
• Permissions for Role -> Quality Management -> Register Tool Adapter
• Member of the specific project the adapter is connecting to

Still getting the error message from the TestStand Execution Adapter:

"The network is down unreachable, or has been reset"

I can go through Rational Quality Manager from the web with no problems and can create and manage Test Cases. etc.

See attachments below.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,591 Views)
7 REPLIES

Re: The network is down unreachable, or has been reset

The attached log file (system log.html) does not show any errors. I would expect the error shown in the screen shot to generate more information in the log file. Would you try to produce the error again and make sure you send the log file from that run? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,349 Views)

One more question. When you say you can "go through Rational Quality Manager from the web with no problems" you mean from a browser on the test machine where the adapter runs, right? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,349 Views)

GregMo-

The Rational Quality Manager can be accessed from a web browser from any computer on the company network so the network is available. I have included another system log file which shows the errors.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,349 Views)

Thanks for the updated system log. It does show the issue. The adapter is succesfully logging in to RQM (so it is NOT the case that the server is generally unreachable from the client.) The error occurs during registration, and RQM is responding to our request to register with the HTTP code 403, which means

403 Forbidden
The request was a valid request, but the server is refusing to respond to it.[2] Unlike a 401 Unauthorized response, authenticating will make no difference.[2] On servers where authentication is required, this commonly means that the provided credentials were successfully authenticated but that the credentials still do not grant the client permission to access the resource (e.g. a recognized user attempting to access restricted content)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,349 Views)

Status update:

Scott has a meeting set up to debug this issue.    

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,349 Views)

Scott or Peter,

Can you post what the resolution to this was?

Thanks!

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,349 Views)

It's hard to say what the real culprit was. We were working on 2 fronts.

1) Corporate LDAP Server. I wanted to use the company account name and password for logging into DOORS and RQM. It happened to be the IT Adminstrator was using his password and account name in the StartService.xml  (Jazz Server). So everytime the Jazz Server Service was started the Jazz Server would then be authenicated with the LDAP Server. When he changed his password (he has to do this quite often for security purposes), this is when things started to happen with the TestStand Execution Adapter. We then had a IBM Jazz Server LDAP expert come and correct the problem with us. We were able to use the  TestStand Execution Adapter once I created a new RQM project. (see #2 below) and the LDAP Server problem was rectified. The old project in RQM still could not be used even with the once the LDAP Server was fixed. Scott Fairbrother from IBM thought the old project was corrupted in some form but could not be explained why.

2) Created a New RQM Project once the LDAP Server was fixed.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,349 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.