IBM RQM Lead Integrators Support

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

TestStand User Interface

Suppose you have already written a custom User Interface for TestStand and you want to execute User Interface instead of the TestStand Sequence Editor. How do you select the custom User Interface to be run instead from the NI Execution TestStand Adapter?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,853 Views)
3 REPLIES

Re: TestStand User Interface

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately this is kown issue 410941 in the Known Issues list. The 1.0 release does not support any operator interface except seqedit.exe.

How big of an issue is this? So we know how to prioritize it.

Thanks,

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,304 Views)

This issue is not a game changer at this point but it is a fairly big issue. The main issue comes down to cost. Because each Sequence Editor license is $3500 vs the Run Time License of User (Operator) Interface license which is $500. Plus we have pay another $1500 to use the TestStand Execution Adapter. In a lot of our cases the Sequence Editor with this configuration will only be used to run the sequence files which does not make financial sense. There maybe several Sequence Editors that will be executed on several "remote" PXI Chassis somewhere in the "cloud". Seems like an overkill to have a set of tools to just run the Sequence Files and that is it. I was told on earlier discussions that we could use our custom User Interface with the TestStand Execution Adapter but that appears this will not happen in this version of the NI TestStand Execution Adapter.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,304 Views)

I'm sorry that was inaccurately communicated to you. I will consult with my colleagues to be sure that we communicate this better in the future. This issue is classified as a "Showstopper" critical issue for the next release so we do plan on addressing it. Thanks for your feedback on the pricing, that wasn't something I thought of.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,304 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.