IBM RQM Lead Integrators Support

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Test Machine Install, Configuration, and Use Video

The attached video shows the complete process of installing the Test Integration Adapter, configuring it, and using it with IBM RQM and NI TestStand.

The file is too large for the community so I had to split it into two files. To retrieve the file use a RAR tool like WinRAR. Download both files and place adjacent to each other. Open the Part1 file and drag-drop its contents somewhere like your desktop. That is it, you can then delete both part1 and part 2 rar files.

00:00 Introduction

00:15 Typical usage of RQM for V&V

09:34 Installing and configuring the NI Test Integration Adaptor for IBM Rational Quality Manager 1.0 on a test machine

15:48 Running an example NI TestStand sequence with RQM

20:25 Result upload to RQM

30:53 NI TestStand global variables to communicate between RQM and NI TestStand

38:00 Running a more complex NI TestStand sequence through RQM

43:39 Conclusion

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,687 Views)
5 REPLIES

Re: Test Machine Install, Configuration, and Use Video

Hello StephenB,

Nice video.

Could you please share some tips regarding performance improvement while executing the adapter? We are experiencing very slow response times in our machine.

Also, could you please share with us the technical features of the machine on which you recorded the video? We are using a virtual machine with Windows 7 and 5GB RAM, working on a laptop with Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 @ 2.53GHz and 8GB RAM.

Thank you very much and kind regards,

Roberto

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,679 Views)

Hello,

In that video I used a virtual machine with 8 GB of RAM with an Intel Core i5 dual core CPU. I forget the exact model. The host machine had 16 GB of ram but the vast vast majority of the RAM was being used to run a local Jazz Server running RQM. NI TestStand and the adapter was hardly using any RAM at all. The adapter itself uses hardly any resources so it is surprising you see any new performance issues when using it.

Can you isolate the issue to the adapter? Do you have performance issues when just using NI TestStand? Are you running the server on another computer?

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,679 Views)

Hello,

We don't have problems just executing NI TestStand, the problem appears when running the adapter.

The Windows task manager shows that the Test Integration Adapter.exe process is permanently above 95% of the CPU usage, so it looks like that is a CPU issue more than RAM.

Other question, I've seen that you are using NI TestStand 2012 and I have the 2013 version installed, is that any problem source?

Thank you,

Roberto

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,679 Views)

Hello again,

How can I attach the log generated by the adapter? Should I send it to you?

Thank you,

Roberto

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,679 Views)

If you start a discussion thread that would be best. you can attach items there. go to the community main page and select ask a question

The adapter should not be using that much CPU.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,679 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.