IBM RQM Lead Integrators Support

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

IBM RQM and TestStand Reporting

When I ran my sequence files as a test script from IBM Rational Quality Manager and I had IBM Rational Quality Manager stop the test, there was no TestStand test report that was passed back to IBM RQM. I went back to the machine that was running the TestStand Sequence File and I found the most recent report that was generated and it was named as "TempReport.html" (I had the Results Processing format set to XML- Found in the same directory as the sequence file that was executed). However in the "Test_results" subdirectory (folder) the test result file was empty and said "National Instruments Execution Adapter Report". RQM reported the test results as "inconclusive". Not true.

I would like the capability to have the test results regardless in RQM if the test is aborted or not. In this scenario, I may not have my test environment setup correctly and I want to stop the test immediately from RQM. By having the report available in RQM when I aborted the test, the tester would quickly see from the test results that the environment was not set up correctly. The tester would then set the up the environment correctly and then rerun the test from RQM again. Perhaps in this scenario instead of the test results from RQM saying "inconclusive" it should say "aborted" or "halted" or whatever terminology you think it would be appropriate.

See attachments below for the test reports that were generated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,045 Views)
6 REPLIES

Re: IBM RQM and TestStand Reporting

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the feedback. I think you're experiencing a bug or some misconfiguration issue. I believe the workflow you described should work right now in 1.0.

I'm confused how you are getting HTML reports generated by NI TestStand even though you have it configured to XML. Is your result upload configured as Report File Upload describes?

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,948 Views)

I am able to get the test report if I run the test to completion. I followed the instructions as given in the TestStand Execution Adapter help manual.  However if I stop in the middle of the test from RQM, there is no report written as I addressed above. I think this is a bug. You may try to see if you are able to repeat the same thing I am seeing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,948 Views)

One more thing. There is a report generated in TestStand in the "_results" directory when it is halted by RQM but this report is not uploaded in RQM.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,948 Views)

I'm going to try this out and get back to you.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,948 Views)

I was able to reproduce the lack of a report upload. I have filed a corrective action request for this, #422621 and I added that to the known issues list. Thanks for the feedback.

As far as the "inconclusive" result. This comes from the list of available result types here: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v2r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.reporting.d...

There is no aborted or stopped result types. The closest I can see is incomplete. Would that be preferred?

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,948 Views)

We recognize that companies have terminology preferences, that is why execution states are a configuratble property.  See manage Project Properties : Execution States.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v2r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,948 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.