Huntsville Alabama LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New LabVIEW User group for Huntsville Alabama

Greetings, I created this group for the Huntsville Alabama area as the old Rocket City LUG has since fallen inactive.  Hopefully it can be put to good use to share ideas, collaborate where possible, and strengthen the user base of LabVIEW

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
Message 1 of 10
(2,525 Views)

Will,

If you do virtual meetings keep me updated and I will join you.  Always looking for good people to collaborate with.  I will even present at some if you want.

Thank You,

David Wilt
The New Standard LLC
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,472 Views)

That is a real shame.  Did the whole subforum get deleted?  I can't seem to find it and was trying to link to some content that was there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,365 Views)

Far as I know yes.  Still trying to get it spun back up but I think any of the old content is lost in the DB void

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,359 Views)

Will,

How's it going? I just got your message on LinkedIn. I'm just confirming that I am still interested in this group and look forward to sharing ideas with other Huntsville area Engineers/LabVIEW Users.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,356 Views)

Excellent.  The group is split between this official sub forum here and the LinkedIn group for the time being.  If you haven’t joined that one I would though I’ll be cross posting between the two until we have a few meetings under our belt. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,350 Views)

Hello everyone!

My name is Brent, I moved to Huntsville about a year and a half ago.

I'm really loving it here.  Planning to stay for quite awhile.

I was surprised to find that this group existed - very cool to see that there are other LabVIEW users in the area.

I would love to attend and participate in the meetups.

Has there been anything scheduled yet?

I don't get the opportunity to publish terribly much code back into the community, but I did manage to convince my employer to open-source some code that I wrote awhile back.

Happy to present on this code a bit.  It's pretty cool stuff:

https://www.vipm.io/package/blue_origin_lib_blueserialization/

I see some mentioning of a LinkedIn group.

Does anyone have a link to that?  I can't seem to be able to find it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,215 Views)

Hey man yea, happy to have you.  It’s a slow burn right now, I’m trying to get the group going but have been really slammed lately so no meetings just yet.

I’ve seen your library though on VIPM when I was playing around with relaxing some of our INIs with TOML files.  Good stuff 👍.  Will keep you posted.

LinkedIn group is here:

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/9153371

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,209 Views)

Oh, cool!

TOML is a great file format, I've become a fan.

LinkedIn join request sent.

No worries on the slow burn.

Happy to show up whenever something gets planned

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,204 Views)

Hello Everyone! 

Im not sure if this kind of stuff is allowed in these groups, If not please remove it! 

I wanted to hop on here to share an open Test Engineer opening we have just outside Montgomery AL. We are looking for someone who has experience developing test systems through Labview. This is a full-time permanent position, and they work 4-day work weeks. Salary ranging from 85-104k. 

I know the market is crazy right now, so if anyone knows of someone who is looking for a new position feel free to share my info. They do also offer relocation assistance for anyone outside the area. 

My email is Colepack@tfstalentsearch.com

Job description: https://jobs.crelate.com/portal/truefindstaffing/job/y3coqpmps96b47xwtuiquu3a6r?crt=1684240160743

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,443 Views)