Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight sensor

Hello guys..

I wish you all fine... I wanna ask you if it's possible to make the programation of the weight sensor (10kg )

If it's possible someone show me how to do it using linx..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,671 Views)

Is it possible? Almost certainly.

How? I have no idea since you forgot to provide any useful information such as what weight sensor you are trying to interface with, with what hardware and software configuration. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,662 Views)

Okay sorry..

So im using labview 2018... I wanna programate it with linx.. the sensor is yc-133... And with arduino mega.. and dont forget the module hx 711 to communicate with arduino..

I think u have all the informations now if not ask me what information u need too

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,656 Views)

And what have you tried so far? Can you get the sensor working on your Arduino in the Arduino IDE (without any involvement of LabVIEW)? Have you installed the Hobbyist Toolkit in your LabVIEW Professional version and gotten it to communicate with your Arduino? Have you done any work to try to communicate these two or are you expecting to be delivered the working solution on a silver plate?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,650 Views)

Nope i have try to make it with myself but all my tries failed... Also all my searches don't give me a solution because they all work with lifa and i need the programation with linx...

Be sure that i have try many times.. also im beginner not professional... If you can help me give me how to do it and i will do it with my self... And thanx

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,631 Views)

Linx is the newer version of Lifa.

as far as i understand there is no way to directly use hx711 with any of those.

a long time ago i used custom command in LINX to get data from a HX711. 

Check out this topic:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Interface-for-Arduino/Weight-measurement-using-load-cell-and-hx711/...

and i quote the solution here:

"

This sounds like you should just create a VI that sends a stream of pulses, and captures the state of data (1 or 0) on each pulse. However, according to datasheet, the high time of pulses can not exceed 50us for proper operation, which is nearly imposibly precise of an operation to perform in any programming language that runs on a host OS designed for human use like Windows. So your options would be:

-The analogic electronics path: ditch the ADC and use an OPAMP circuit to boost the signal to something readable by the analog pin.

-The Arduino enthusiast path: modify the LIFA base code to include a function that sends the stream of pulses and reads the data sent by the ADC.

-The microcontroller savvy path: program a cheap microcontroller to do the signal generating and reading for you, and send it over via DAC (read from analog pin), I2C, Serial, USB or any other method you're familiar with."

Jorge Augusto Pessatto Mondadori, PhD
Sistema Fiep
CLAD, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,582 Views)

Sorry, i don't understand you..

But no problem i will ignore the weight sensor from my project

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,576 Views)