Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LINX with Arduino and SD Card Library

I'm curious to know if anyone has attempted to use the LabVIEW LINX Toolkit with an Arduino and SD card? I'd like to figure out how to store acquired analog data to an SD card using LINX.

I've been playing around with it a little bit, and have concluded I'll probably need to create/call my own custom commands. The more concerning issue is that when modifying the LINX firmware to include the Arduino SD.h library, the code seems to compile okay, but the Arduino is unable to communicate with LabVIEW over the COM port. When I remove the library, everything is fine.

For reference, this is the hardware I'm using: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1141

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,051 Views)

Hey ebs27, in the past, trying to work around with some libraries i had little success. I would go with custom command for this.

Jorge Augusto Pessatto Mondadori, PhD
Sistema Fiep
CLAD, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,012 Views)

Thanks, Jorge. Yeah, I'm not having any success adding additional libraries to the LINX firmware. I'm not sure how to get the board to recognize the SD commands without loading the library/including all the library code as the custom command (but that's an Arduino problem, not a LabVIEW problem).

I suppose another option is to call SPI commands? That is where the SD card is connected, and is a native LINX functionality.

I'll keep tinkering.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(969 Views)