From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target "pretends" to update, but it really doesn't.

So this is what my configuration looks like:

billko_0-1677256399563.png

I click "re-install" and it goes through all the motions - expand partition, updating package index, installing LabVIEW, rebooting target... but when it comes back after rebooting, it's still at 14.1-11 and the partition hasn't even been resized.

Any else have this issue?

Thanks!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(656 Views)

Maybe because the original install was LINX and LV 2020 Community Edition uses Hobbyist, I should just blow away the original image and plop a new one on and start over?  (I confirmed I have a valid backup that can be restored back to this point.)

In fact, the whole thing started when my SD card died on me and I restored from the backup.  It booted just fine, but the code I had deployed isn't running.  It's been such a long time since I thought about LINX (Hobbyist), and also because my Linux-fu is dreadfully weak, I don't even know how to start it manually.  Or how to check on why it isn't starting in the first place.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(616 Views)