From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raspberry Pi 4 Connected to LabVIEW but GPIO pin not working

I got a Raspberry Pi 4 today and I am very new. I have Buster version 10 installed (it came pre-loaded on the SD card from the kit). I have LabVIEW 2020 Community Edition (not SP1). I was able to connect to my raspberry pi in the LINX target config and I updated the software via the target config. After that I added my raspberry pi to my project and connected to it successfully. When I try to run the blink VI, it doesn't work. I have the LED setup correctly with a 220 ohm resistor, wiring is correct on pin 7 (4th pin down on the left if looking with usb ports on top). Any ideas on what could be wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,075 Views)

Hi,

There is information about the Raspberry PI GPIO pinout here: 

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/usage/gpio/

You could test the LED with series resistor by connecting it to pin 1 (3.3V) instead of pin 7.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,063 Views)

So, the I tested the 3.3V and 5V pins and got no response from the LED. I tested the LED on my Arduino 5V pin and it worked fine. Is there something you need to do to activate the GPIO pins?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,037 Views)

Are you setting the Digital Output Channel to 7 on the LabVIEW UI ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,946 Views)

Hello, could you tell me how you managed to configure the Raspberry Pi 4 to LINX, I'm having difficulties

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,931 Views)

I had the Pi backwards. Everything is working now.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,928 Views)

Mine was easy because I bought a kit with an OS pre-loaded onto an SD card. So I just installed that and then updated the firmware via the target configuration. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,927 Views)