Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raspberry Pi 4 Connected to LabVIEW but GPIO pin not working

I got a Raspberry Pi 4 today and I am very new. I have Buster version 10 installed (it came pre-loaded on the SD card from the kit). I have LabVIEW 2020 Community Edition (not SP1). I was able to connect to my raspberry pi in the LINX target config and I updated the software via the target config. After that I added my raspberry pi to my project and connected to it successfully. When I try to run the blink VI, it doesn't work. I have the LED setup correctly with a 220 ohm resistor, wiring is correct on pin 7 (4th pin down on the left if looking with usb ports on top). Any ideas on what could be wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,032 Views)

Hi,

There is information about the Raspberry PI GPIO pinout here: 

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/usage/gpio/

You could test the LED with series resistor by connecting it to pin 1 (3.3V) instead of pin 7.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,020 Views)

So, the I tested the 3.3V and 5V pins and got no response from the LED. I tested the LED on my Arduino 5V pin and it worked fine. Is there something you need to do to activate the GPIO pins?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,994 Views)

Are you setting the Digital Output Channel to 7 on the LabVIEW UI ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,903 Views)

Hello, could you tell me how you managed to configure the Raspberry Pi 4 to LINX, I'm having difficulties

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,888 Views)

I had the Pi backwards. Everything is working now.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,885 Views)

Mine was easy because I bought a kit with an OS pre-loaded onto an SD card. So I just installed that and then updated the firmware via the target configuration. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,884 Views)