From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problema de lectura de sensor ultrasonico HC-SR04 con libreria linx

Buen dia, he realizado pruebas de lectura de datos con los modulos de la paqueteria linx la mayoria a sido un exito, el problema se ha dado al intentar realizar la lectura del sensor ultrasonico HC-SR04 con el nodo read que se encuentra en las funciones de Linx, Sensors, Distance, Ultrasonic.

Una vez que lo ejecuto no envia ningun resultado a los indicadores numericos que le he colocado en sus salidas de datos, la version de labview que uso es 18 y la version de la paqueteria Linx es 3.0.1.192, he probado el funcionamiento de mi sensor en la plataforma arduino directamente y si funciona. Alguien puede apoyarme?, se lo hagradeceria. Adjunto VI usado.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(9,454 Views)

Have you deployed the Linx Firmware to the Arduino? What was the result of that? This would be under Tools -> MakerHub -> Linx -> Linx Firmware Wizard...

Are you able to just turn on / off the LED attached to pin D13 using Linx?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(9,399 Views)

Tengo el mismo problema, ¿lo lograste resolver? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(8,466 Views)

Hey @Dave_H69, I'll give you a step by step instructions:

with arduino plugged on a USB port follow the instructions to upload the firmware:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019TmpSAE&l=pt-BR

I'm using a LabVIEW 2020SP1 professional, with LINX installed.

Create a new VI, insert OPEN.vi, READ.vi from ULTRASSONIC pallete and CLOSE.vi, all from Makerhub/LINX pallete. do not mix LIFA and LINX VIs.

Wire your code as image bellow:

jorgemondadori_0-1622942243921.png

Open the Read.vi inside the while loop, and add a constant to Stimulus Pulse input, and set the enum to Active High.

jorgemondadori_1-1622942383408.png

Save and close this subVI. (Note: this will change your library file, keep that in mind)

Set the inputs: In this example, DO Channel = 2 (arduino pin) connected to Trig pin of HC-SR04 and DI Channel = 4, connected to Echo pin of HC-SR04.

jorgemondadori_2-1622942598863.png

You may want to put a filter or ptbypt mean before the Centimeters (or inches) Indicator, to dump a bit the reading rate. Also, set your loop wait function according to your application.

Here is the result of using a 30 CM ruler.

jorgemondadori_3-1622942964419.png

Also i am posting the VI, remember to edit the library file!

Jorge Augusto Pessatto Mondadori, PhD
Sistema Fiep
CLAD, CLD
Message 4 of 13
(8,431 Views)

Hello Jorge, 

Thank you for your comments. I am not able to obtain measurements unfortunately. I am running your code with labview 2021 community edition. Everything seems to work fine (no errors), but I am not obtaining measurements (even creating the constant to stimimulus singnal active high). 

I am using linx libraries too. I attached a capture of the result of a probe inside de Digital Read Pulse VI. You will see that many of the elements of the array are cero. 

I have tried with arduino IDE and the hardware works properly. 

I think that the Linx libraries have another bug or the problem is with labview 2021 communitity edition.

Any idea? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(7,457 Views)

im using labview 2018 i face the same problem.. 

can you convert the version of the file you upload to labview 2018 and repost again!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(6,699 Views)

There you go

Sistema Fiep
CLAD, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(6,694 Views)

I try with the file you send it to me but it shows 0 as result..

Shoud i install the link you in the first of the topic ?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(6,680 Views)

Have you edited the Linx subVI as shown in the pictures?

Sistema Fiep
CLAD, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(6,673 Views)

Thank you for the informations it's all done..

And sorry because it's too late to repsond.. because im new member and i have only two posts perday..

Also i need you in other things...

Can anyone show me how to make the programation of the color sensor tcs3200.. and if it's possible or no

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(6,643 Views)