From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Connecting to Internal Arduino on LattePanda Delta

I am trying to connect to the internal Arduino Leonardo on a LattePanda Delta board. The Arduino is on COM4 as shown in Device Manager.

Leonardo 1.PNG

 I can also see the Arduino board info.

Leonardo 2.PNG

In NI MAX the Arduino is showing up on COM 4 (ASRL4)

Leonardo 3.PNG

 When I use the Firmware Wizard I get a message that it is complete, But when I view the Log I see that it could not open device.

Leonardo 6.PNG

 I looked at similar problems and updated the Packet Number.vi but I don't think it is going to work until I get the firmware installed.

Is there any way to confirm that the firmware was installed?

Are there alternatives? Like using VISA communications? 

I only need to toggle four digital outputs lines.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,611 Views)

i never used an onboard arduino with Linx. Are you running windows in the lattepanda? perhaps something in OS might be blocking direct access. you may need to investigate. also i am not sure if LabVIEW 64 bits allow using LINX, but you need to try.

if you need a faster solution, then VISA is your friend. you can read and write data from/to arduino using a conventional sketch (not LINX firmware in exemple)

Jorge Augusto Pessatto Mondadori, PhD
Sistema Fiep
CLAD, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,572 Views)

Just replying to see if you found a workaround to this issue. I'm currently experiencing the same thing using LabVIEW 2023 and a LattePanda 3 Delta. I'm able to write to the pins through the Arduino IDE, but I can't seem to upload the LINX firmware through the firmware wizard as well. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,114 Views)

I was not able to load the Linx firmware. I found a workaround by writing arduino code to respond to serial input. LabVIEW code to send serial data. LabVIEW sends 'A', arduino sets D2 if 'A' is received.

@joel_mendez wrote:

Just replying to see if you found a workaround to this issue. I'm currently experiencing the same thing using LabVIEW 2023 and a LattePanda 3 Delta. I'm able to write to the pins through the Arduino IDE, but I can't seem to upload the LINX firmware through the firmware wizard as well. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,092 Views)

I don't know if this is still relevant to you, but I figured I'd post it in case anybody else runs into a similar issue. It seems like a similar workaround to what you did. 

I used the Build with Arduino IDE option (fig1). I specified the LINX and Arduino path (fig2) and then hit "Generate" which populated a LINX subfolder in the Arduino libraries folder. 

The populated LINX folder contains multiple sketches under "examples". I opened and uploaded the Arduino_Leonardo_Serial.ino file through the Arduino IDE. NI Community doesn't seem to allow uploading .ino files, but here's an example path for the file: 

C:\Users\LattePanda\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LINX\examples\Arduino_Leonardo_Serial

I was able to toggle the pins through the LINX LabVIEW examples once this sketch was uploaded. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,059 Views)

3824a4751fc41b52087950e5f8a9bb3.png  

I'll follow what you said.

But the LV2021 pop-up prompt is shown in the above image.

My arduino IDE Version is 2.0.4.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,836 Views)

This is my “.ino” file. I failed  in  uploading.

Matthew_Liu00_0-1680913508408.png

Matthew_Liu00_1-1680913530327.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,833 Views)

I followed the steps detailed here: https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/doku.php?id=learn:tutorials:libraries:linx:misc:porting_device

However, I didn't bother creating new files and just overwrote the files corresponding to the Arduino_Leonardo_Serial.ino file to correct for the number of pins on my LattePanda. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,742 Views)