From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to update the LabVIEW install on the Raspberry PI

Solved!
Go to solution

I have LabVIEW 2020 pro:

I have RT installed:

I have NI-VISA 20.0 installed

aeastet_0-1619096931601.png

I down loaded the LINK software from VIPM:

aeastet_1-1619097022904.png

I added the C++ redistributable.

I see this failure after I connect to the Raspberry PI:

aeastet_2-1619097129086.png

Am I missing something here? I have looked over the forum and made sure I did everything where others have had the same issue but nothing seemed to fix this issue.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,581 Views)

OK so I uninstalled everything from the VIPM and reinstalled just the NI version of the raspberrypi stuff. The connection tool is slightly different. I am able to connect but I am still having a problem. The tool reboots the raspberrypi and then gets stuck and I see at the bottom of the waiting for the target to reboot....

It never seems to make it past this point. Any thoughts on what I need to do.

I do notice that I cannot connect if I use the hostname. I have to use the IP address to connect. Could this be causing a problem? I am able to ping raspberrypi with the command prompt. I can also ping the ip address and both send and receive with not loss. I am not sure what else I can do to make this work.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,549 Views)

Do not use the hostname but the IP address. The rapberrypi.local hostname or similar is a zeroconf/link-local/mDNS name. It does not generally work well, although it may seem to work in certain setups.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 3 of 4
(1,539 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author aeastet

I uninstalled all of the LINX VIPM packages and tried to only install the NI version. This seemed to help. I also reinstalled VISA drivers because I add real time after everything was added. These two actions seemed to fix my problems.

Tim
GHSP
Message 4 of 4
(1,501 Views)