Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linx license usage

Solved!
Go to solution

Now that the linx library is now supported by NI, I would like to know if the licence now allow commercial usage of this toolkit.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,807 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RaphaelFortin

Linx never was preventing commercial use. The LabVIEW Community Edition which comes with Linx installed, does! If you have a fully licensed Professional LabVIEW license, you are fine to use Linx for your commercial development. If you should do that is a different question. I wouldn't consider the normal Raspberry Pi an adequate hardware. It's SD card based storage is bound to fail sooner or later. With a Compute Module things look a lot better.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 2 of 4
(1,803 Views)

Thank you for your fast response. We do have a proffesional license. We only wanted to know if this library was possible to use in future projet.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,794 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

Linx never was preventing commercial use. The LabVIEW Community Edition which comes with Linx installed, does! If you have a fully licensed Professional LabVIEW license, you are fine to use Linx for your commercial development.

I second this answer.  This question was actually asked to NI and a response was provided saying such.  The repose is documented in a presentation which can be found here on page 7.

David Wilt
The New Standard LLC
Message 4 of 4
(1,779 Views)