From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linx license usage

Solved!
Go to solution

Now that the linx library is now supported by NI, I would like to know if the licence now allow commercial usage of this toolkit.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,839 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RaphaelFortin

Linx never was preventing commercial use. The LabVIEW Community Edition which comes with Linx installed, does! If you have a fully licensed Professional LabVIEW license, you are fine to use Linx for your commercial development. If you should do that is a different question. I wouldn't consider the normal Raspberry Pi an adequate hardware. It's SD card based storage is bound to fail sooner or later. With a Compute Module things look a lot better.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 2 of 4
(1,835 Views)

Thank you for your fast response. We do have a proffesional license. We only wanted to know if this library was possible to use in future projet.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,826 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

Linx never was preventing commercial use. The LabVIEW Community Edition which comes with Linx installed, does! If you have a fully licensed Professional LabVIEW license, you are fine to use Linx for your commercial development.

I second this answer.  This question was actually asked to NI and a response was provided saying such.  The repose is documented in a presentation which can be found here on page 7.

David Wilt
The New Standard LLC
Message 4 of 4
(1,811 Views)