cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use DHT 22 Sensor with LINX and Labview 2019

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I’m trying to use a DHT22 temperature humidity sensor with Labview 2019 and LINX 3.0.1.192 on a Arduino Uno Rev3 board.

The DHT-22 sensor is working fine, I tested it with the arduino IDE.

The LINX connection is fine, I tested different sensors (analog output) and Labview is working fine.

After these tests, I tried to use the VI called LINX-InteractionsDHT11 available in the LINX library, obtaining the timeout error 5001 of the figure. I checked the pin number and it is correct.

How should I change the example of the DHT11 sensor to adapt it to my DHT22 sensor?

The documentation for Arduino (https://learn.adafruit.com/dht/using-a-dhtxx-sensor) reports that the sensors are very similar, to switch between them it is enough to comment/uncomment the type:

//#define DHTTYPE DHT22   // DHT 22  (AM2302)
and uncomment the line that says: 
#define DHTTYPE DHT11   // DHT 11

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,243 Views)

Hello,

I got the same error while doing led experiment with arduino. I can't fix this error. Have you done something about this? I would appreciate it if someone could help us in this matter.

thanks. Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,149 Views)

Dear sezers 313,

I found this tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGTbRQR-x_4) and I tried to follow it. I believe that the concept is good for any DHT module. Unfortunately, I was not able to make the sensor work.

Due to time constraints, I had to stop my tests and I switched back a basic configuration: another Temperature/Humidity sensor and Labview used only to read the serial output of Arduino and store data.

Anyway, I’m still interested in making it work through Linx, so I hope you are able to get good results and share them.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,116 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wireconnector

Hi, there is my example of reading DHT11 with labview (2020 SP1) and showing values to LCD by custom command.

My modified VI includes schematic and arduino code..

DHT22 will not work with linx dht library.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,794 Views)