Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI

I use Command_String to link my API. Each API is a VI, and analysis the input sting(Command_String) to the API_VI. 

Then my PC or other device communicate with my pi by  WebSocket( what ever you want, just bulid a communication) . 

Now my job is build a program like I use other hardware.

DevinChan_0-1616407465987.png

DevinChan_1-1616407480332.png

Message 11 of 13
(809 Views)

@MilanR wrote:

How do you know about what the standalone Web Module will be like?  Are you from NI?  Is there a beta somewhere?  I was looking for a beta but could not find one.

Yes, I am a developer at NI working with our web technologies like Web Module and SystemLink. There is not a beta of the stand-alone Web Module currently available.

Thank you for chiming in with this information.

@MilanR wrote:

It does not make sense to me that it would still be "NXG" because then they would still have to support this subset of NXG correct?

Our NXG-based portfolio will continue as described in the Our Commitment to LabVIEW as we Expand our Software Portfolio post. The following excerpt gives a few examples:

We will continue to advance our NXG-based portfolio of solutions such as the NXG Web Module, SystemDesigner, as well as our expanding suite of configuration-based products such as FlexLogger and VeriStand.

Also, if it is a subset then it is going to be limited as to what you can actually include in the web application then?

LabVIEW NXG Web Module projects that target the Web Server target on SystemDiagram will be able to be use the stand-alone Web Module product. If you have portions of a project on different targets, such as the PC target, those portions may not carry forward to the stand-alone Web Module product.

I expect Web Applications on the Web Server target to retain the capabilities they have today and continue to be developed based on the previously shared roadmap.

I will just have to wait and see what all this exactly means.  As the stand-alone Web Module is supposed to be available in July 2021, per the information you linked, I assume there will not be a beta.  I will keep my eyes open for the release of the stand-alone Web Module.

David Wilt
The New Standard LLC
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(804 Views)

Is the stand-alone Web Module going to be included in the Community Edition?

I have a guess but let me get back to you on that.

I was able to confirm that we do plan to have a community edition of the stand-alone Web Module.

I will just have to wait and see what all this exactly means.

The takeaway I want to convey is if you use LabVIEW NXG Web Module with the normal license or the community edition to develop Web Applications today with a build output is HTML, JS, and CSS (or an nipkg containing those) then the development experience should look very similar after migrating to the stand-alone web module.

If you have any specific concerns about how exisiting LabVIEW NXG Web Module workflows would be handled with stand-alone web module I would be interested in hearing them to see if they can be addressed.

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(794 Views)